Q3 2012 Rajar Results
We're pleased to announce our best ever performances from Magic 105.4 and Kiss as Bauer Media celebrates strong summer Rajars. Our total Bauer Radio audience rises to 13.4m listeners, up in reach, hours and share quarter-on-quarter and in London Magic 105.4 & Kiss 100 are number 1 & number 2 for commercial share. Magic 105.4 is now the number 1 commercial station in London for reach, share and hours and has recorded its best-ever hours. Record breaking national and London share figures for Kiss leads strong Passion Portfolio performance.
BAUER PLACE PORTFOLIO
The Bauer Place Portfolio focuses on relevant and local programming in all the premier towns and cities across the UK.
• Strong quarterly Place Portfolio performance sees reach increase to 8.6 million adults each week, and each listener tunes in for 8.3 hours a week on average
• The portfolio is commercial number one for reach and share in 21 of our 21 markets
• Magic 105.4 is no.1 commercial station in London for reach, hours and share, reaching 2.2m listeners a week (up 9% yoy), with a 7.3% market share (up 30% yoy) and record-breaking hours (up 23% yoy)
• In the key breakfast time hours of 6-9am Magic 105.4 has no.1 commercial Breakfast show in London for hours and share, with Neil Fox. Very strong performance with 16% yoy reach increase, 35% yoy increase in hours and record-breaking share of 6.6% (up 44% yoy)
• Solid Place portfolio figures led by strong performance by Metro Radio, up 5.8% yoy for reach and 14.4% yoy in hours listened, led by the successful launch of the new Steve and Karen Breakfast Show.
BAUER PASSION PORTFOLIO
The Bauer Passion Portfolio is the home of passionate, iconic national brands dedicated to music and entertainment.
• The Passion Portfolio performed well reaching 6.4m adults each week (up 3.2% yoy)
• Each listener tunes in for 6.2 hours a week, on average (up 5.3% yoy)
• Nationally Kiss reach is up 5% yoy to 4.4m, hours up to 23.4m (up 9% yoy),
• In London Kiss 100 had a great set of results, recording its highest ever share of 5.8% (up 45% yoy), its highest ever hours (12.3m, up 35% yoy) and increased reach 14.6% to 1.95m. Kiss 100 is number 2 commercial share
• Smash Hits is the #1 digital commercial radio station across the UK, reach up 9% yoy
• heat radio’s yoy reach and total hours jump 7.9% and 6.5% respectively
Bauer Radio’s continued focus and investment in its engaging multi-platform offering for listeners, as well as advertisers, is reflected in its online and social media figures with over 6m connections through its App, Facebook, website and Twitter touchpoints.
Dee Ford, Group Managing Director Radio, Bauer Media, said:
“We’re delighted to see increases for Bauer in reach, hours, share and commercial share this quarter in what are very strong RAJAR figures for the company. Even more delighted when you compare this performance to our competitors. Our continued commitment to local and national audiences has paid off through strong performances from our Place and Passion Portfolios, led by phenomenal results from Magic and Kiss in London. This London performance in particular, we believe, is down to great programming choices, talented presenters and brilliant events that captured the feel-good factor across an unforgettable summer.”
WIN A BOND THEMED LONDON DUCK TOUR FOR 6
To celebrate our fantastic Rajar results one lucky person will win a London Duck Tour, with a timely Bond theme, for themselves and five friends. To be entered into the draw visit our Bauer Radio Facebook and tell us your favourite memory of summer 2012. Alternatively you can enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Q3 Rajar.
Terms and Conditions
The prize is 6 tickets on the London Duck Tours (Bond Themed). Tours run on the 3rd Sunday of the month and last approximately 75 mins. The tour departs from Chicheley Street SE1. Transport to and from the venue is not included in this prize.
The prize is non-transferable and only open to Bauer Media contacts who receive our Rajar news update.
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos - MORI / RSMB, period ending October 1 2012, all stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.