Q4 2012 Rajar Results
We are pleased to announce that the latest RAJAR results show that Kiss and Magic lead strong performances for Bauer's national and local stations. The total Bauer Radio audience of 13.3m listeners is up in hours and share year-on-year and Magic 105.4 remains the no.1 commercial station in London for reach, share and hours, leading a strong local Place Portfolio performance. Nationally, Kiss increases reach, hours and share whilst heat radio reports record reach figures.
BAUER PLACE PORTFOLIO
Bauer Place Portfolio focuses on relevant and local programming in the premier towns and cities across the UK.
• Strong quarterly Place Portfolio performance sees reach increase to 8.7 million adults each week, and each listener tunes in for 8.3 hours a week on average
• The portfolio is commercial number one for reach & share in 21 of our 21 markets, led by
• Magic 105.4 is no.1 commercial station in London for reach, hours and share - the only commercial station reaching over 2m listeners a week
• Magic 105.4 has a 5.9% market share (up 3.5% yoy) and a 2.4% yoy increase in hours
• Positive Place Portfolio figures led by strong performances from:
Clyde1 (Glasgow) reached 624,000 listeners (up 12% yoy and a nine-year high), with an increase in hours (up 5.7% yoy) and share (up 9.7% yoy) making it the number one commercial radio station in Scotland
Metro Radio (Newcastle) is the biggest commercial station by reach in the North East,with 400,000 listeners for the first time in 4 years (reach up 6.5% yoy). Hours (up 13.6%) and share (up 16.1% )
Key 103 (Manchester) is up in reach with 512,000 listeners, hours up (2.6% yoy) and share up (6.3% yoy). It is the number one commercial station in Manchester by reach and with its highest share in two years
BAUER PASSION PORTFOLIO
• The Passion Portfolio performed well reaching 6.5m adults each week (up 1.9% yoy)
• Passion Portfolio has a market share of 3.6% and each listener tunes in for 5.9 hours a week on average
• Nationally Kiss reach is up 2.1% yoy to 4.3m, hours up 2.2% yoy to 22.7m, with share up 4.8% yoy
• heat radio, helped by investment in new live programming strands and celebrity content, recorded its highest ever reach of 767,000 (up 18.4% yoy) and a fantastic 46% improvement in hours yoy. As a brand heat now reaches 3m consumers across its multiple platforms – radio, magazine, TV, online, mobile
• Smash Hits is the #1 digital commercial radio station by reach across the UK, hours up 15% yoy
• The Hits is the #2 digital commercial radio station by reach, hours up 9.3% yoy
• Nationally, Rickie, Melvin and Charlie’s Kiss breakfast show reaches 1.6m listeners across the UK each morning, up 4% qoq and up 5% yoy
Bauer Radio’s continued focus and investment in its engaging multi-platform offering for listeners, as well as advertisers, is reflected in its online and social media figures with over 6m connections through its App, Facebook, website and Twitter touchpoints. Twitter followers for Bauer brands have increased exponentially year-on-year (Kiss up 371%, Magic up 233% and The Hits up 756%).
Dee Ford, Group Managing Director Radio, Bauer Media Group, said:
“We’re delighted to see another strong RAJAR performance for the Bauer Media Group. Our continued investment in radio and commitment to national as well as local audiences has paid off through strong performances from our Passion and Place Portfolios, led by great results from Kiss and heat nationally, and by Magic maintaining its position as the number one commercial station in London.”
WIN 4 TICKETS TO THE VIEW FROM THE SHARD
Yesterday Magic 105.4 hosted Europe’s highest ever breakfast show with Neil Fox exclusively from The Shard. To celebrate being No.1 in London we’d like to treat you to experience the fantastic views London’s newest and most eagerly awaited attraction has to offer. To be entered into the draw visit our Bauer Radio Facebook and tell us one great Rajar fact from this page. Alternatively you can enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header Q4 Rajar. The competition closes on Wednesday 6th February. A winner will be chosen at random from all entries received. Good luck.
Terms and Conditions
The prize is 4 tickets on the View From the Shard. The View is open every day from 9.00 to 22.00 daily, so you can enjoy the different cityscapes day or night. The last ticket slot available is 20.30, with last entry at 21.00. Transport to and from the venue is not included in this prize. The prize is non-transferable and only open to Bauer Media contacts who receive our Rajar news update.