Department: Westsound/West FM Cash for Kids
Fixed Term: 3 months initially, with opportunity for extension
Reporting to: Charity Manager, West FM Cash for Kids
Location: West FM, Prestwick
Key purpose of the role:
To provide support to the Charity manager.
Within this busy and varied role you will need to be energetic, enthusiastic, have the ability to work on your own initiative coupled with excellent communication skills. Deal with the general public on a day to day basis both on telephone and face to face.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinating the day to day running of the charity, including administrative and financial tasks including; counting money / completing pay in sheets, banking and recording all money raised.
- Chasing payments of outstanding monies due from events and auction items.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of events and campaigns. This will include operational tasks such as obtaining prizes for events and co-ordinating events
- Maintaining and monitoring organisation and communication with volunteers
- Hours may increase during Mission Christmas, our busiest campaign of the year, flexibility with hours during this time is essential
- Any other tasks as required
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literate and proficient in standard Microsoft office software packages, - particularly Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills internally within the team and externally with supporters and volunteers
- Initiative to complete tasks within a given time frame and overcome obstacles
- Strong and accurate attention to detail in all work
- Professional manner and attitude at all times, especially in conduct and behaviour at an event, with care and attention to how behaviour can be perceived.
- Ability to plan your own workload and work unsupervised.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about tasks and assisting the team – in particular through busy periods.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to identify, plan and work to short and long term objectives, and to work under pressure and to ensure deadlines are met and objectives achieved.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- A current full UK driving license would be desirable to this role
- The small team in Prestwick, consisting of the Charity Manager and the Charity Executive.
- External event suppliers
- Fundraising supporters who raise money for Cash for Kids both within and out with campaign time
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to Lynne Bennett, email@example.com or for more information email or call the team on 01292 270508
Closing Date for applications is Friday 11 October 2019