- London & South East
BauerXcel are looking for a talented Audience Development Executive to join the UK digital division.
Do you happen to be passionate about fashion, beauty and celebrity? Are you obsessed about media trends, excited by digital journalism, and keen to learn new knowledge and valuable skills in the ever-evolving industry? Then you are perfect to join the fast-growing digital division of Bauer Xcel as an Audience Development Executive for our London Lifestyle portfolio.
Based in London, you will work across our amazing lifestyle titles to help the Audience and Content team roll out our tried-and-tested Audience Development Model. You will help Bauer Xcel maximize audience reach and revenue through social, search and content development.
This is an ideal first job in digital media for a graduate who is keen to learn and progress in either editorial or audience development. You will learn skills which show you how to maximise the audience to a site through search, social media, email and other channels.
- Identify content opportunities through search and social data
- Discover and assess content potential and performance, help editorial team uncover gaps and seize opportunities
- Develop deep content themes per key topics, and coach and support teams to incorporate best practices in delivery of such
- Internal link building: Identify key content and optimisation targets, distribute links to established content outlets across the Bauer network to help boost visibility of the content
- Help develop interactive games, quizzes and slideshows to help us grow engagement
- Regularly audit and health check on our content to make sure we continue to lead strategic content topics, and if not, make it happen
- Coach, inspire, and reinforce digital best practices across the editorial teams
Most important attributes
- Passionate about digital journalism.
- Strong sense of empathy (essential for social / search content ideation).
- A strongly data-driven approach to content.
- Ability to chase down implications (essential for trend spotting).
- Tenacity - ability to follow through.
- Curiosity - always want to learn and achieve.
- People skills - the ability to support and inspire.
- Understanding of the process of digital journalism.
- Basic SEO and social media management skills.
- Ability to understand and use data from various sources to work out what makes successful content.
- Advanced Excel skills would be an advantage, but can be trained.
- Proven writing ability in lifestyle-related topics.
- Basic understanding of analytics, including Google Analytics.
BAUER XCEL MEDIA is advancing the media industry by applying user driven strategies to deliver cutting edge news and build original, innovative products cantered around audience needs.
With 150 million monthly unique users and offices in New York, Hamburg, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Warsaw, BAUER XCEL MEDIA is one of the world's fastest growing digital media companies.
Bauer Media Group is one of the most successful media companies in the world. More than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products and 50 radio and TV stations reach millions of people around the globe. It has more than 11,000 employees in 20 countries. In the U.S., Bauer sells more magazines at retail than any other magazine publishing company.
How to apply
If you are interested, please email a covering letter, your C.V, 2-3 examples of your work and salary expectations to Ian Betteridge: email@example.com with your name and Audience Development Executive in the subject field.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted. Regrettably, should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks, your application can be perceived as unsuccessful.
Closing Date for applications is Sunday 20 January 2019