- Magic Radio
- London & South East
The BA will assist the Magic programming and breakfast show teams in the production of relatable, shareable and memorable content to increase time-spent-listening, reach and awareness.
Relatable – you will learn to know our audience inside out; you will be able to identify the stories, topics and cultural hot-spots which resonate most with our audience; you will understand how best to frame any topic so that it is delivered in a way that appeals to these listeners.
Shareable – to grow an audience we need to be more than just entertaining, we need to create content which can reach new listeners; content which can live outside the 6am-10am broadcast and be shared online, shared on social media and shared by word of mouth.
Memorable – every show should include moments that will be remembered by the listeners so we drive recall; the listeners should remember what Magic Breakfast did and want to tell their friends about it.
The role is based in Bauer Media’s national radio hq in One Golden Square, a vibrant centre of excellence which is home to great radio brands, passionate individuals and powerful teams working together to create radio and digital content which excites and delights audiences across the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be on the continual look out for content from all avenues relevant to the audience
- Producing and editing features for broadcast
- Script, record, edit and prepare for broadcast pre-recorded segments
- Managing scripting and studio work for features and competitions
- Offer creative ideas for show features and links
- Working with the digital & social team to engage the audience and create compelling content
- Writing scripts
- Editing clips for promos
- Maintaining audio archive with key worded database
- Preparing highlight reels
- Researching for links, features, projects and interviews
- Taking calls and selecting the best listener generated content for broadcast
- Hosting interviewees and studio guests
- Operate the studio when other members of presentation and production are broadcasting from a remote location
- Holiday cover for show producers
- Assisting producers and presenters in the broadcast of shows and features
- Administrative support, such as prize fulfilment and travel logistics
- Able to work anti-social hours, specifically at breakfast time
- A desire to understand the target audience so that you can create content with greatest appeal to those listeners
- A desire to keep asking yourself ‘could we make this even better?’
- An up to date interest in current entertainment culture and mainstream arts
- Able to master operation of studio equipment to a high standard
- A confident communicator with the ability to turn ideas into practical solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to multi task
- Team player
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working in a radio studio
- Experience of using digital editing software, preferably Adobe Audition
- An understanding of audio playout systems, preferably Zetta
The hours of this role will be 7am to 3:30pm weekdays, but may be subject to change in future.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 20th March 2019.
Please note: Magic is also recruiting a new ‘Production Assistant’ role, the details of which can be found at https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/careers , you are welcome to apply for both roles.
How to apply
If you are interested, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter telling us why you would be perfect for the role.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 20 March 2019