- London & South East
3 days a week (22.5hrs) – 3month fixed term contract
Flexibility at Bauer:
We know that enabling flexibility allows us to tap into a completely different type of talent. We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
We’re a new team within Bauer, who create exciting new podcasts and compelling social media content. We get to work with the best people in our radio stations and magazines – whether they’re presenting the Absolute Radio Breakfast show or writing for Empire Magazine. We’re always trying new things, in a bid to reach new audiences.
The focus of your role:
To oversee the business side of the Bauer Digital/Podcast. Setting up systems to ensure that productions run smoothly and stay on schedule and on budget.
What you’ll do:
• Meet Podcast Editor regularly to ensure production budgets and schedules are on track
• Work closely with the podcast team and producers, to understand their needs
• Liaise with clients, to ensure smooth communication
• Develop production budgets and schedules
• Create contracts for production staff
• Manage payments to freelance producers, engineers, and contributors
• Develop systems to help the smooth running of the team
• Provide administrative support, such as organising meetings and booking travel/rooms
• Manage the logistics of travel and equipment
• Ensure the podcasts comply with health and safety regulations, copyright laws, and insurance
• Clearances – Music, Poetry, Imagery
• Obtain any necessary approvals and risk assessment reports
• Develop systems to keep signed contracts, licences, permissions and other paperwork safe
• Social budget and contracting discussion around Getty/PA etc
• Liaise with Commercial Strategy team and provide information flow
What you‘ll bring:
Can you see what needs doing before it needs doing? We need someone super-organised who’ll bring:
- The ability to set up systems to ensure the office runs smoothly
- An eye for detail, ensuring that legal contracts, invoices, and other paperwork are completely properly and on time
- The ability to help prepare papers and presentations
- The ability to manage a busy workload in a time-pressured environment
- The ability to build and manage relationships inside and outside the business
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed
- A good working knowledge of podcasts
- A passion for the brands you’re working with
What we’ll offer you:
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Founded in Hamburg in 1875, Bauer Media is a privately-owned, global media company operating in 17 countries with a portfolio of market leading consumer brands across radio, magazines and digital. It also operates several online comparison portals in Central Europe, Spain and the Nordics and a growing marketing services business for small and medium sized enterprises.
Bauer Media Audio is one of Europe’s leading digital radio and audio businesses, reaching over twenty-five million listeners daily across FM, DAB, digital TV, web, apps and voice-controlled devices. Through its portfolio of world-class brands the business spans the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway with leading brands including Mix Megapol, Radio Nova, RMF, Absolute Radio, Kiss and Magic.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure that our selection processes are as fair as they can possibly be, providing a level playing field for anyone who wants to come and work at Bauer. Therefore, if you require any adjustments to an interview process, please feel free to get in touch with HR.email@example.com who will be happy to talk through any adjustments you need in complete confidence and make arrangements on your behalf. Adjustments can be whatever you need them to be, whether that’s around accessibility, preparation time and space, or just travel expenses to get you to the interview. Let us know what you need, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re getting a fair opportunity to succeed.
How to apply
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send your CV and covering letter to Maria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our closing date for applications is Monday 16th March 2020.
Closing Date for applications is Monday 16 March 2020