- London & South East
Department/Location: Entertainment Hub/One Golden Square, Soho London
Reports to: Entertainment Content Director
Your working Pattern: 37.5hrs Full time Permanent
Flexibility at Bauer:
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
The Entertainment Hub is a dynamic team of highly skilled multi-media Journalists, Talent Bookers and Video Producers who capture and share entertainment content across all Bauer’s brands and platforms.
With unprecedented access to talent, they optimize and deliver content that cuts through the noise, growing brand awareness and providing valuable branded content opportunities for our commercial teams.
The focus of your role:
Reporting into the Entertainment Content Director, the Video Manager will take a senior role in creating and delivering compelling entertainment video content for Bauer’s radio, magazine and digital brands.
Whether in the studio, on location, through a green screen or on the red carpet, you will have a passion for and expert knowledge of video and its potential to grow awareness of our brands and increase revenue and reputation.
You will pioneer creating digital content to excite, engage and grow our digital audience. You should have an in-depth knowledge of all social platforms and how to engage audiences on each, from Tik Tok to IGTV to Twitter you have it nailed!
You will work directly with our brand teams leading best digital practice, creating exciting graphics, thumbnails that pop, endboards that drive subscriptions. With your ultimate aim being to produce standout short form videos that cut through on socials.
With the ability to swap between director and producer you will ensure the content is delivered to deadline and to a first-class editorial standard. You’ll work with the digital teams to seed it most effectively across various Bauer sites and social media channels.
You can communicate confidently at all levels and will liaise with several internal departments as well as external contacts in order to fulfill the requirements of the role.
You have a genuine passion for celebrity, popular culture and a journalistic eye would help.
What you’ll do:
• Project managing and directing video content creation in studio and on location.
• Offer creative and cost-effective solutions for video requirements within the company including finding locations, lighting, dressing of sets etc.
• Shooting and editing footage, recording and monitoring sound quality.
• Exporting video files and uploading video to all digital touch points.
• Devising and implementing video distribution and seeding plans to ensure maximum reach.
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop ideas and concepts.
• Managing video equipment including lighting – ensure all kit is up to date and report any faults.
What you will bring:
• Directing shoots - demonstrate experience and authority on shoots.
• Experienced camera, lighting and location shooting skills.
• Experience in directing and filming artist music sessions and gigs.
• Significant experience using Adobe Premiere and FCP.
• Understanding of compression formats for delivery to a range of medium.
• CMS, YouTube and online video platform experience.
• Comfortable using Mac and PC.
• Storyboarding and scripting.
• Awareness of media law and Ofcom compliance.
• Awareness of Health and Safety requirements on shoots.
• General graphic and 3D skills highly advantageous including Photoshop and After Effects.
• Photography skills.
• Pro-active, committed, quick thinking and able to work calmly under pressure, with a can-do attitude.
• A team player at every level, and able to work with stakeholders to see a project through to completion.
What we’ll offer you:
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
Founded in Hamburg in 1875, Bauer Media is a privately-owned, global media company operating in 17 countries with a portfolio of market leading consumer brands across radio, magazines and digital. It also operates several online comparison portals in Central Europe, Spain and the Nordics and a growing marketing services business for small and medium sized enterprises.
Bauer Media Audio is one of Europe’s leading digital radio and audio businesses, reaching over twenty-five million listeners daily across FM, DAB, digital TV, web, apps and voice-controlled devices. Through its portfolio of world-class brands the business spans the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway with leading brands including Mix Megapol, Radio Nova, RMF, Absolute Radio, Kiss and Magic.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure that our selection processes are as fair as they can possibly be, providing a level playing field for anyone who wants to come and work at Bauer. Therefore, if you require any adjustments to an interview process, please feel free to get in touch with HR.firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to talk through any adjustments you need in complete confidence and make arrangements on your behalf. Adjustments can be whatever you need them to be, whether that’s around accessibility, preparation time and space, or just travel expenses to get you to the interview. Let us know what you need, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re getting a fair opportunity to succeed.
How to apply
How to apply:
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Our closing date for applications is Friday, 6th March and we’re aiming to make a decision on who to invite to interview by Friday, 20th March.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 06 March 2020