- London & South East
- It’s key to have an in-depth knowledge of and passion for news, entertainment and popular culture.
- You will set the news agenda as well as following it.
- You always spot a good story and are adept at using new-media to find different ways to engage and educate our audiences.
- You will source, produce, edit and present daily digital entertainment and news content for the wider business.
- Assisted by the Senior Reporter you will deliver daily entertainment content and on-air showbiz bulletins to our radio network.
- You will report on a variety of entertainment events and awards ceremonies, interviewing celebrities from the worlds of TV, film and music.
- You will be part of the London news team in the event of major breaking news.
- Working with the Entertainment Hub senior management you will play an integral role in innovating the Hub’s digital content – ensuring our content is exciting, engaging and of the highest quality – therefore sought after and widely used across the business.
- You will optimise content for a digital audience by writing engaging captions and compelling headlines. And will seek to find the best ways to distribute this content widely via social media and other digital channels - to excite and engage our audiences.
Skills and Competencies:
- You are a highly experienced multi-media broadcast journalist with a first-class radio and digital skill set.
- You have a natural understanding of what drives views and engagement on social media.
- You are organised, think on the spot, prioritise and spot a story in any situation – whilst keeping calm under pressure.
- You have a good technical mind and are at ease in a radio studio and video edit suite. You have a thorough knowledge of ISDNs, cameras, a range of audio recording devices and audio and video editing programmes.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible, sociable and easy-going – whilst always producing first class content.
- You have an excellent on-air voice and are equally confident in front of or behind the camera.
- You have established experience in reading and writing bulletins, reporting live from the field and working to tight deadlines.
- Your writing is sharp and on point. Accuracy is essential.
- You are a red-carpet reporter and celebrity interviewer – who is known for brave unique and compelling lines of questioning.
- You can work independently and use judgement to make decisions whilst still being part of a team and referring upwards.
- You are well known and trusted within the entertainment and news circuits and have good Music, TV, PR and Film contacts.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- 2-3 years experience is desirable
- An NCTJ recognised broadcast journalism course is essential
- An in-depth knowledge of a variety of audio and video recording and editing systems.
- Knowledge of radio studios and ISDNS
- The ability to film interviews and self-produce video packages is essential as is the ability to edit video with skill and speed.
- An exceptional knowledge of new-media and how best to use it to find and engage new and existing audiences.
How to apply
Please send covering letter, CV and showreel to: email@example.com no later than 7th December 2018.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 07 December 2018