Yours Retro launched almost three years ago as a one-shot and has gone on to be a soar-away success. Now, as we relaunch as a stand-alone monthly, we need to add to our tiny but incredibly passionate team.
We’re looking for a multi-talented Features editor who can match our enthusiasm for classic cinema, cult TV, sixties music and vintage glamour. You’ll love to be busy and relish the opportunity to uncover fascinating stories about stars from the past and enjoy rediscovering classic films, music and TV shows. You’ll be a stickler for accuracy and able to write sparkling headings and sells that really pull the reader in.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Building relationships and commissioning expert writers
• Thoroughly researching and writing a range of features
• Collaborating to make every issue better than the last
• Keeping production flowing to tight deadlines while sub-editing and fact-checking all copy
What you’ll bring:
• Creativity: brimming with fresh ideas
• Accuracy: strong attention to detail and proven editing ability
• Organisation: can keep on top of budgets, schedules and your own workload
• Flexibility: as part of a small team you’ll need to be adaptable and unflappable
• Passion: demonstrating a genuine love of all things retro
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
If you think you’d be great at this job and would enjoy working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to write telling us why you’re the perfect candidate along with a 250-word profile of your favourite film star.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Retro Application or write to Sharon Reid, Yours Retro, Media House, Peterborough PE2 6EA
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 20 November 2019