Parkers is looking for a new finance editor to work on Britain’s biggest and best car-buying website at a time of exciting growth. The successful candidate will act as the gatekeeper of all things car finance on the site, keeping tabs on market trends, finding the best deals for our readership, and acting as a brand ambassador for Parkers.
Key tasks are:
- Maintain the currency of the finance section of the site, ensuring that we appear at or near the top of search rankings in all relevant areas
- Help create engaging content that helps the site’s users get the best car for their money, no matter how they’re paying
- Talking to car buyers and owners in plain, jargon-free English
- Spearheading and masterminding new campaigns and creating exciting new ways of presenting this most important of subjects
- Participate in personal and Parkers-branded social media to promote Parkers.co.uk on Facebook, Twitter and other emerging platforms
- Adhering to SEO best practice to improve our search rankings
- Learning from analytics, applying digital best practice to all content
- Writing and supporting advice features and other departments
- Assisting with newsletters, valuations and housekeeping across the site
Parkers is the best friend of Britain’s car-buying public, with around 3.0 million users a month who depend on us for buying and selling advice, reviews of the latest models, trusted valuations and much, much more. The successful candidate will be obsessed with growing our audience, getting the best deals for our readers and making our reviews brilliant.
This is a brilliant opportunity grow your own section within Parkers in a versatile and fast-paced role. You’ll already be in a senior position in the industry, or have been in journalism for a while and are aspiring to take the next career step. Not only do you have a good understanding of car finance (you’ll be fluent in PCH, PCP, and APR), you’ll also have good experience of assessing cars and be familiar with digital publishing best. Immaculate organisation and communication skills are a given. Understanding the intricacies of SEO, social media and digital marketing is crucial to get our content in front of as many eyeballs as possible.
A full driving licence, well-connected contacts book and digital journalistic experience are essential. If you are a consumer champion with a passion for cars, motoring and digital media, this is your dream job!
How to apply
To apply send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’re our perfect candidate to email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 03 May 2019