- Bauer Xcel
- London & South East
Bauer Media UK is an entertainment network of iconic, multi-platform brands. Within our Radio business, we operate 69 commercial, local, national and digital stations in the UK, including Absolute Radio, Magic, KISS and the Hits and Greatest Hits networks, situated in cities across the UK.
We have the largest commercial digital radio audience, with over half of total Bauer Radio listening taking place via a digital device. Bauer Media UK has also expanded its radio operation into the Nordics, reaching more than 10 million listeners weekly through 20 highly demanded brands.
Bauer Media is seeking a Head of Ops to provide digital support to all UK & Nordics Digital Audio platforms and take ownership of projects and products which are key to our growth.
As part of the Audio Exec team, you will be responsible for ensuring our strategic goals are delivered on all products inline with stated objectives. You will provide guidance and support to our digital, editorial and commercial departments. You will support cultural development of digital talent within our Audio team.
You will also be the primary contact to the larger Radio business to support new station launches, acquisitions and migrations. You will help manage the day-to-day operations of the Audio team and communicate progress to the wider business.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication and organisation skills to manage the many and varied stakeholders across a variety of issues and projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities
● Manage the operational workstreams to ensure teams deliver required plans at pace:
○ Work with Digital Director to set strategic goals and plans for all Audio brands / platforms
○ Articulate digital product strategies and operational plans
○ Manage cross-discipline meetings and workstreams against plans
○ Monitor, report and manage required KPIs for key products
○ Articulate requirements for functional teams - SEO, Marketing, Data
○ Identify areas of cost saving / investment with functional leads.
○ Work with wider teams (Radio / Advertising / Revenues etc) to ensure blockers identified and solved quickly
● Project Management & Strategic Support - support and drive cross-functional culture, systems and processes
● Internal Comms & Culture Support - work with Digital Director to ensure collaboration with Publishing & Revenues teams alongside day to day operations eg
○ Team comms & feedback
○ Internal PR working with marketing team
○ All Hands / functional group catch ups
● Training and Development
○ Work with Digital Director & HR team to identify and address training requirements and ensures all courses are communicated out to teams, including:
■ Insights Rollout and comms support
■ Management Workshops and training
■ Functional requirements
● Coordinate the production and development of digital editorial and commercial initiatives across all Bauer Media UK & Nordics Digital Radio products
● Work with other members of the product team to develop and prioritise our roadmap and communicate our priorities to the wider business
● Own the full lifecycle of an issue or project, including risk assessment and management, business alignment, design, build, quality assurance, delivery and post-delivery support
● Provide basic website and troubleshooting support for internal users of the Planet Radio websites, and insure that issues are triaged efficiently
● Provide and maintain easy to use, helpful documentation for our internal tools and resources
● Apply proven project management skills and process to ensure we ship high-quality digital products within agreed timeframes
● Work independently with key stakeholders on the delivery of ad-hoc projects and communications
● Be willing to implement new organisational process(es) where none existed previously, and to discard any processes that aren’t working
Experience & Key Skills:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain issues to a range of different people, from developers to non-digital people.
● Solid digital and production skills with the ability to learn new digital tools and concepts quickly
● Good working knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
● Experience with the digital editorial toolkit, including content management systems, media libraries, social media and content distribution platforms
● Familiarity with the tools commonly used by digital publishers at scale, including APIs, CDNs, ad servers, analytics suites, and data storage
● A high level of diplomacy and tact and ability to interact with high-level management
● Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively under pressure
● Strong attention to detail
● Outstanding problem-solving skills
● A keen interest to learn and further develop your skills with a fast-moving digital team
How to apply
If you are interested, please email a covering letter, your C.V and salary expectations to Shana Hills: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Head of Operations – Audio in the subject field.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted. Regrettably, should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks from applications closing date, your application can be perceived as unsuccessful.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 31 May 2019