- Hits Radio Manchester
- North West
Full Time Mid-September to 23rd December, plus 6th to 24th January
£10/hour approx. 40 hours per week.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter to be a part of the fundamental team working hands on in the very heart of Mission Christmas. We’re looking for someone who can communicate with people at all levels and can take ownership & lead volunteers to strive to achieve our mission of helping as many local children as possible wake up with a present on Christmas day.
The role is based at Hits Radio, Castle Quay during September, October & January and then at a warehouse location tbc (likely South of Manchester) out of the city during November and December.
Mission Christmas is the jewel in the crown of the Cash for Kids calendar. Our mission is that every child will wake up to a present on Christmas morning. Military precision and hard work delivers this campaign. It is highly emotive and heart-warming, maximising on people’s Christmas spirit and generosity. Listeners to Hits Radio, and supporters of Cash for Kids are encouraged to buy an extra gift while out shopping. Drop it off at one of our designated drop off points and we will do the rest to ensure the children receive the gifts ready for Christmas morning. This campaign requires meticulous attention to detail, dedication and hard work. We have a minimum of 1,000 organisations collecting gifts across Greater Manchester, which are then delivered to Mission HQ, a warehouse outside of the city centre, and organised into age categories. Volunteers then fulfil applications for disadvantaged children and we organise for them to be collected. Last year we collected and redistributed over 1.5 million pounds worth of gifts to over 38,000 children in Greater Manchester who may otherwise have gone without.
You would be responsible for operationally supporting the Charity Manager and Charity Fundraising Executives in running this campaign. The hours will be approximately 8.30 – 18.00 Monday to Friday plus some weekends. Flexibility with working hours is essential.
What is required from you?
- Ideally you will have knowledge of Cash for Kids and Mission Christmas, and have volunteered for us previously.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise and juggle many tasks at once.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.
- Leadership & delegation skills.
- Passionate, resilient, positive thinking and a good sense of humour.
- Forward thinking and the ability to problem solve.
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours, evenings & weekends (this is essential) & own transport is desirable as public transport links may be limited during unsociable hours.
- To be available to work full time between mid-September – 23rd December 2019, then the first few weeks of January.
How to apply
Please send an updated CV and covering letter to Missionchristmas@hitsradio.co.uk
Closing Date for applications is Sunday 18 August 2019