- North West
Full Time; 21st October - 23rd December 2019 + 6th – 10th January 2020
£10/hour; approx. 35-40 hours per week
YOU can help make this Christmas special for thousands of children across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire & Leicestershire, who face waking up on Christmas morning with no presents to open.
They could be from the 1 in 4 families who are living in poverty. These families are struggling to afford the basics of food, heating & clothes; Christmas is a luxury they simply can’t afford. Or they could have had to leave their home quickly, with only the clothes on their backs & belongings they could carry.
Mission Christmas from Gem’s Cash for Kids returns in 2019 to deliver gifts to as many of these children as possible.
We’ll be asking listeners to Gem Radio to donate a new gift at one of our drop off locations across the East Midlands. These will be collected & delivered to Mission Christmas HQ. Our team of Mission Christmas Volunteer Elves will then sort the gifts, before they’re collected by our partner organisations, who’ll make sure they get to local families ahead of the big day.
Mission Christmas is our biggest & highest profile campaign of the year. The Mission Christmas Project Manager is critical to its success. You’ll be an ambitious self-starter who is obsessed about organisation, prioritisation & detail, keeping a cool head when faced with multiple tasks that all need completing simultaneously. You’ll be a strong & confident communicator who can lead our team of volunteers and keep internal stakeholders up-to-date with the status of the campaign.
The Project Manager will be responsible for; sourcing & managing a team of volunteers (our Mission Christmas Elves); planning collections of gifts from our drop off points; setting up & managing Mission Christmas HQ; communicating with campaign partners, sponsors & partner organisations who will receive the gifts; communicating with Gem Radio listeners & other fundraisers who are supporting Mission Christmas and being meticulous in following processes & keeping all documentation updated.
It’s hard work, long hours at times, but it’s all to put a smile on the faces of thousands of children who’ve had a tough time & need to experience some Christmas magic. Last year we delivered gifts to over 4,000 children and we have ambitions to grow this number this year.
During your induction & training you will be based jointly between our Gem Radio Studios in Nottingham & the Free Radio Studios in Birmingham. You’ll then move to being based full-time at the Gem Radio Studios and our Mission Christmas HQ (location TBC – likely to be in Nottingham).
You will report into & be supported by the Regional Charity Manager in the running of this campaign, but you should be prepared for periods of remote management, requiring you to work on your own initiative. The hours will be approximately 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, plus some weekends. Flexibility with working hours is essential as the campaign progresses & gets closer to Christmas.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
• Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise and juggle many tasks at once.
• Excellent communication and administration skills.
• Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Leadership & delegation skills.
• Passionate, resilient, positive thinking and a good sense of humour.
• Forward thinking and the ability to problem solve.
• Flexibility to work unsociable hours, evenings & weekends.
• Own transport is essential with a clean driving license that has been held for more than 6 months.
• Knowledge of the charity sector & fundraising is desirable but not essential (it’s more important you’re a strong project manager than a charity expert).
• Knowledge of social media platforms Facebook, Twitter & Instagram is desirable.
• You’ll be required to complete a DBS check.
How to apply
Please send an updated CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th September.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 06 September 2019