Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
- Full clean UK driving licence with permissions to drive a van.
- Previous driving at work/van experience
- No previous driving disqualifications.
- A Disclosure Barring Service check will be carried out by Cash for Kids.
- Great knowledge of the Edinburgh, Lothians, Fife and Falkirk region. You will be required to drive across this area.
- Courteous with good customer service and communication skills.
- Organisational skills and being able to prioritise collections where necessary.
- Good personality, friendly, approachable, patient, pleasant and enthusiastic.
- Ability to handle fragile packages and parcels with care.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to drive long distances and sit for long periods of time.
- Physically fit.
- Digital skills – for example, be able to use google maps or equivalent
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to adapt to needs of business
Delivery Driver Job Duties:
- Driving a branded van across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and Falkirk.
- Following a planned route for collections and representing Cash for Kids when collecting.
- Driver must adhere to the UK Highway Code and drive in a professional manner.
- Volunteers may accompany the driver in the van.
- Be presentable and able to take photos on arrival for use on Cash for Kids Social Media at locations to feed back to the Charity Manager
- Ensure gifts are collected and delivered back to HQ promptly.
- Assist with any manual handling, the job will require lifting of bags etc.
- May have to lift heavy products or parcels.
- Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive.
- Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course.
- Maintains communication with management to be informed of any change of collections, route or schedule.
- Informs management of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time.
- May from time to time be asked to support with tasks within warehouse.
How to apply
Please email covering letter and CV to: Radioforthcharityjobs@bauermedia.co.uk
Closing Date for applications is Friday 20 September 2019