Delivery Driver Job Duties:
- Driving a branded van across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and Falkirk.
- Following a planned route for collections and representing Cash for Kids when collecting.
- Driver must adhere to the UK Highway Code and drive in a professional manner.
- Volunteers may accompany the driver in the van.
- Be presentable and able to take photos on arrival for use on Cash for Kids Social Media at locations to feed back to the Charity Manager
- Ensure gifts are collected and delivered back to HQ promptly.
- Assist with any manual handling, the job will require lifting of bags etc.
- May have to lift heavy products or parcels.
- Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained, has fuel, oil and is ready to drive.
- Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course.
- Maintains communication with management to be informed of any change of collections, route or schedule.
- Informs management of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time.
- May from time to time be asked to support with tasks within warehouse.
Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
- Full clean UK driving licence with permissions to drive a van.
- Previous driving at work/van experience
- No previous driving disqualifications.
- A Disclosure Barring Service check will be carried out by Cash for Kids.
- Great knowledge of the Edinburgh, Lothians, Fife and Falkirk region. You will be required to drive across this area.
- Courteous with good customer service and communication skills.
- Organisational skills and being able to prioritise collections where necessary.
- Good personality, friendly, approachable, patient, pleasant and enthusiastic.
- Ability to handle fragile packages and parcels with care.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to drive long distances and sit for long periods of time.
- Physically fit.
- Digital skills – for example, be able to use google maps or equivalent
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to adapt to needs of business
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
Please email covering letter and CV to: Radioforthcharityjobs@bauermedia.co.uk
Closing Date for applications is Friday 11 October 2019