- London & South East
Classical + scheduling + music passion = a unique opportunity at Scala Radio!
The UK’s most exciting new radio station, Scala Radio, is looking for a music scheduler to join the Scala team.
If you have BOTH first class music scheduling skills AND a genuine and deep passion for classical music then please read on!
Key Purpose of the Role:
To drive audience growth by contributing to the delivery of exceptional musical output across Scala Radio and all its platforms.
Main duties, responsibilities and experience required:
- To support the Head of Music, the Content Director and the Scala programming team with musical knowledge and programme scheduling.
- Music scheduling experience is essential. Good working knowledge of GSelector music scheduling software and Zetta playout systems is desirable.
- To filter and schedule high quality and varied station music logs for programmes across the station with appropriate detail to the station’s target audiences.
- Provide content and production support for live programming.
- Provide content and production support for specialist and non-playlist shows, including (but not limited to) shows devoted to ballet, film and videogame music.
- Contribute to the building and maintenance of the Scala playlist using GSelector.
- Monitoring music information provided for non-playlist shows to ensure thorough PRS/PPL returns.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Audition editing software.
- Knowledge of classical music essential; an interest in contemporary classical music and how classical music has influenced other genres is desirable.
- An interest in the current classical music landscape, from the live music scene and rising star performers, is desirable.
- Any other reasonable production or music related duties as delegated by the Music and Content Director and Head of Music.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th April 2019.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 17 May 2019