Bauer Radio News is looking for a Newsdesk Editor to join our news team based in Glasgow. The successful candidate will be a talented, experienced news reader, capable of producing multiple news bulletins to the highest possible standard.
You will have a great voice and the passion and ability to be able to produce compelling bulletins, run a busy news desk, direct reporters and work across all platforms: on-air, online and social media.
This role will involve the day to day management of the station’s news and sport output and the implementation of Bauer’s editorial strategies while also reading bulletins and/or reporting on relevant local stories as appropriate.
• Ensure that the news is delivered to the very highest standard and that bulletins have consistent style, values and durations.
• Work with the Head of News and local reporters to ensure we deliver compelling and relevant news and sports content for our target audiences.
• Ensure all our bulletins are legally sound, accurate, balanced and OFCOM compliant.
• Fill in on any bulletin reading or reporting shifts, if required.
• Update local news content on our websites and on social media, ensuring this is compliant within the law.
• Working with other news teams within Bauer’s newsroom network.
• Report and produce on location of major news stories as required.
• Provide support and advice to other members of the team.
This is a full time role based in Radio Clyde in Glasgow.
You must have a full driving licence.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position please forward your CV, demo and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is Friday 15 November 2019