- Scala Radio
- London & South East
In the UK we reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio which includes heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Magic and Absolute Radio.
Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. We all take collective responsibility for our culture because we know it has a ripple effect across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join Scala Radio as a Producer.
Key Purpose of the Role:
To write, produce and deliver, for broadcast relevant programming content material and automated programming for Scala Radio across all broadcast platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce live programming and automated programming delivered to time, scheduled correctly, compliant and ready for broadcast across the Scala Radio schedule.
- This role involves work at weekends
- To be responsible for operation of the technical systems required for playout and pre-recording during your broadcast period
- Managing high profile guests & presenters to the Radio Station, building positive working relationships with individuals in the on-air and off-air team
- To have an interest in – or a keenness to learn more about – classical music, including showtunes from musicals and film, television and videogame scores
- To work closely with the programming team and support and cover individuals’ responsibilities on occasion
- To have a good understanding of target audiences’ tastes through experience and research and create relevant content
- To generate creative music and entertainment ideas for new series, one-off specials and station-wide programming initiatives, along with new social media content
- To deliver the station’s format in line with the Music and Content Directors requirements and brand plan
- To ensure correct playout of the station’s automated programming and production systems
- To re-purpose shows for repeat broadcast
- To ensure correct playout of the station’s advertising breaks
- Ability to use filming and editing to ensure visualisation of content whenever possible for use on-line, on other digital platforms and through social media
- Strong brand-related editorial judgement working collaboratively with the Music and Content Director
- To write scripts for programming, idents, trails and commercial promos
- The management and production of recording sessions
- Producing ROT’s of all commercial activity as required
- To ensure presenters comply with the media law and OFCOM regulations in all broadcasts
- To support the Programme Manager to ensure the station administration is run and delivered in a timely and organised manner with knowledge of the internal payments and billing system.
Key Competencies / Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience producing live and pre-recorded programmes
- Experience directing presenting talent in a studio environment
- Experience editing audio at a high standard for broadcast
- To be fully skilled in automation and playout systems
- To have an understanding of both contemporary and core classical music
- To have up-to-date knowledge of media law and OFCOM regulations
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and in high pressure environment
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to adapt to last-minute changes
- Must be a confident enough to work alone, without direction and must be a team player
- Must have a positive attitude and initiative
- To be a creative thinker with the ability to generate ideas relevant to the brand
- Experience of Zetta, G-Selector and Audition is essential
Based in Soho, London the working pattern is 37.5 hours per week and we are happy to consider flexible hours if necessary. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
(Your Data: We take our responsibilities around data very seriously. As part of any recruitment process, Bauer Media collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For more information on our GDPR responsibilities, you can visit our website here:
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 13 November 2019