- London & South East
Are you a talented marketer looking to take your next step in marketing? Then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Manager to join our London Lifestyle Brand Marketing team
Summary of key areas of focus:
- Marketing planning and implementation
- Team & relationships
- Event marketing & contras
- Market intelligence
- Consumer and audience insight
Job Outline: To work with the Head of Marketing, Disional Managing Director and Editors to set and execute the marketing strategy for each of the titles; analysing performance and using insight around the audiences and markets to evolve each of the brands.
Create and implement the magazine marketing strategy for Empire (and its quarterly TV supplement, PILOT TV) and the music portfolio (MOJO, Q and Planet Rock).
- Ensure the brands core values and positioning’s are reflected in, and have consistency across all activity.
- Responsible for the evaluation and measurement of all marketing activity and utilise this analysis to make sound decisions on budget allocation. Analysis includes circulation management, ABC reporting and ROI.
- Manage covermount promotions end to end on including obtaining quotes, production of, contractual requirements and the subsequent marketing of each campaign.
- Responsible for the creation of marketing plans to support the portfolio’s podcasts. Including but not limited to cross-magazine promotion, radio support, in-stream and social.
- To be the main marketing point of contact for teams across the business including but not limited to Publishing, Editorial, Digital, Research, Advertising, Direct Marketing (Subscriptions), Production and Frontline (Retail Trade Marketing).
- To be the day to day source of information for the publishing team, ensuring they are constantly updated on all sales & marketing activity. Lead conversations in planning meetings regarding marketing related activity.
- Manage all external supplier and agency relationships where relevant; especially with third party events partners to structure partnerships and all elements including contracts, editorial coverage, branding, ticketing, social support, interviews, on-site activations, magazine distributions etc.
- Work with the in-house Events Team on own-brand events such as the Empire and Q Awards.
- Follow and manage contra agreements and relationships with event organisers
- Speedy and accurate analysis of competitive data including useful and usable interpretation of information to the publishing and senior management teams including sales volumes, share analysis, ROI and ABC reporting
- Have a deep understanding of the target audience and their engagement with the brands. Stay on top of industry developments (publishing, digital and brands targeting the appropriate target audience)
- Be the lead point person with the Research and Insight team - briefing and managing through all research needs for the brands including in-mag qual surveys, quant and focus groups.
- 3yrs+ marketing experience
- Confident and capable of building excellent working relationships with a variety of disciplines and colleagues – especially senior editorial staff and the publisher
- Willing to work off-site at events which will require out of hours working
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong project management skills and the capability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Confident and competent in understanding complex sales data
- Creative and capable of generating ideas
- A music and/or film fan with working knowledge of the industries
- Have worked within a media organisation
- A degree in marketing or vocational marketing qualification such as CIM or IDM
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is Friday 11 October 2019