- Magic Radio
- London & South East
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK’s most loved radio brands and gain experience of production at a national radio level. Join the passionate and collaborative Magic team which has taken the brand to record audience figures and won two golds at the 2018 ARIAS.
The Production Assistant will work support all areas of Magic programming, from research and scripting to recording and editing, as well as covering producer’s holidays, preparing audio for broadcast, working on marketing campaigns, creating social media content and assisting with admin.
The role is based in Bauer Media’s national radio hq in One Golden Square, a vibrant centre of excellence which is home to great radio brands, passionate individuals and powerful teams working together to create radio and digital content which excites and delights audiences across the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing scripting and studio work for features, such as competitions
- Producing and editing features for broadcast,
- Producing interviews for shows
- Technical operator for outside broadcasts
- Managing and sending prizes
- Support of on-air elements of marketing campaigns
- Holiday cover for show producers
- Maintaining audio archive with keyworded database
- Preparing highlight reels
- Ensuring the programme schedule is up to date in the EPG system
- Working with the digital & social team to engage the audience and create compelling content
- Assisting at events which may include potential out of hours or weekend work
- Contributing to Magic creative and strategic planning sessions
- Administrative duties to support programming management and production
- A confident communicator with the ability to turn ideas into practical solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to multi task
- Team player
- A desire to understand the target audience so that you can create content with greatest appeal to those listeners
- A desire to keep asking yourself ‘could we make this even better?’
- An up to date interest in current entertainment culture and mainstream arts
- Able to master operation of studio equipment to a high standard
- Excellent organisational skills & ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working in a radio studio
- Experience of using digital editing software, preferably Adobe Audition
- An understanding of audio playout systems, preferably Zetta
The hours of this role will be 9am to 5:30pm weekdays but may be subject to change in future.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 20th March 2019
Please note: Magic is also recruiting a new ‘Broadcast Assistant’ role, the details of which can be found at https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/careers , you are welcome to apply for both roles.
How to apply
If you are interested, please contact us by email at email@example.com with a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter telling us why you would be perfect for the role.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 20 March 2019