- London & South East
At Bauer Media Advertising our vision is to be known for Seamlessly Delivering Excellence Every Time. Every part of the advertising team from sales through to production is focused on creating a seamless experience for our stakeholders across every touchpoint.
As the only multi platform media owner in the industry with the ability to deliver campaigns across radio, digital, tv, print and events we believe that there is no creative challenge that we cannot answer. In order to maintain and expand our vision it is critical that we build a team that is Connected, Bold, Curious and Positive.
The main focus of the role is to be the conduit between the Bauer commercial teams and the Magic / Absolute Radio / Hits Radio network / Greatest Hits network editorial teams to create innovative and sound commercial solutions that work for the named brands’ audiences and our clients.
You will become a brand expert and creative champion for these brands. You will work hand in hand with Bauer Advertising to formulate advertising and partnership solutions for clients in response to creative briefs.
The role is in Team Adventure which is based at Academic House in Camden. At least 50% of time will be spent at One Golden Square, Soho, Bauer Radio’s Studios.
- Work within Team Adventure at Academic House to develop responses to creative briefs from Bauer Advertising, as the Magic / Absolute Radio / Hits Radio network / Greatest Hits network radio expert.
- Attend Strategy brainstorms at Academic House for cross-media briefs where the ‘Big Idea’ for the campaign is created.
- Take the ‘Big Idea’ and cross-media brief, or Magic / Absolute Radio / Hits Radio / Greatest Hits only briefs into the relevant S&P meetings to fully work up the solution and execution.
- Work closely with the relevant Programme Directors, Marketing Managers, Web Editors, Video Managers, producers and other relevant people in the creation of the solution and execution.
- Write up the solution and execution, including clear planning instructions and production costs. Liaise with Head of Delivery for relevant brands and other key people, eg Video Manager, in getting accurate planning and production details and costs.
- Send the write up to the Creative Strategist (who is responsible for writing the whole pitch to the agency / client).
- Stay close to the pitch by regularly catching up with the Creative Strategist and the Account Director. Attend the agency pitch if relevant.
- Update Programme Director and Head of Delivery on all developments, creating mock ups and ensuring all details are in the relevant S&P planners and on the internal extranet.
- Once a campaign booking is received: attend campaign ‘kick off’ meeting and lead running through the campaign booking form, going through all elements of the campaign.
- Check all planning instructions and production costs are correct.
- A Project Manager will be allocated for the day to day delivery of the campaign – they also liaise directly with the client – sending scripts for approval etc.
- Listen to and look at the campaign once it is live, checking all booking details are correct, such as scheduling and that all elements conform to the relevant brands.
- Provide creative support and guidance to project management on all booked campaigns.
- Act as a creative ambassador for Magic / Absolute Radio / Hits Radio and Greatest Hits brands ensuring that their values and creativity is communicated both internally and externally.
- Develop new and innovative cross platform proposals with programming and editorial teams that have a positive effect on revenue and audience figures and present them to the commercial teams.
- Manage S&P availability across relevant brands.
- Maintain and update standard on / off air S&P packages.
- Be an active member of Team Adventure and work to deliver its revenue goals.
- Scheduling daily brainstorm meetings, gathering all briefs for inclusion from relevant commercial teams.
In line with our values & behaviors our Radio Creative Content Manager should have an innate understanding of people and the ability to translate that understanding into insights which ignite ideas.
You must be curious, looking up not down, helping us and our customers see the world through a different lens. In turn you should be able to apply that perspective to creatively address our customers challenges.
We are a broad business with multiple divisions. In this role, you need to be a connector linking up our assets and talent internally, inspiring all to work together.
As well as internal engagement we are looking for storytellers who can simplify an often complex solution, bringing it to life for our customers in a persuasive way that demonstrates impact.
Although directly comparable experience is not essential we expect you to have the confidence and gravitas to challenge in a constructive way when appropriate to maintain excellence across our product offering.
As a team we are about positive energy and momentum and we try to implement the idea of “no ego
Here“ so come along with some good ideas , a positive attitude and good sense of humour and we should get along well.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming Bauer Adventures - Radio Commercial Content Manager then please email:
Closing Date for applications is Monday 18 February 2019