Be a part of the fundamental team working hands on in the very heart of the Radio Forth’s Cash for Kids Mission Christmas appeal.
Mission Christmas is our biggest and highest profile campaign of the year. The Mission Christmas Coordinator is critical to its success. You will be an ambitious self-starter who is obsessed about organisation, prioritisation and detail, keeping a cool head when faced with multiple tasks that all need completing simultaneously. You will be a strong and confident communicator who can keep internal stakeholders up-to-date with the status of the campaign.
The Mission Christmas Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Cash for Kids team with various different tasks. You will be communicating with organisations who will collect gifts, fundraisers who are supporting Mission Christmas who may visit the warehouse as well as the Cash for Kids team. You will be meticulous in following processes and keeping all documentation updated. You will be responsible for welcoming beneficiaries to the warehouse and making sure they collect correct parcels and sign correct documentation. You should be confident in recording feedback from beneficiaries when collecting gifts and share this with the Charity Manager.
It's hard work, long hours at times, but it's all to put a smile on the faces of thousands of children who've had a tough time and need to experience some Christmas magic. Last year we provided gifts to over 24,000 children.
You will report into and be supported by the Charity Manager in the running of this campaign but will be expected to work on your own initiative. The hours will be approximately 9.00n a.m. – 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Flexibility with working hours is essential as the campaign progresses and gets closer to Christmas.
What we are looking for from you:-
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise and juggle many tasks at once.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Good phone manner and confident answering queries and calling out to supporters where required.
- Passionate, resilient, positive thinking and a good sense of humour.
- Forward thinking and the ability to problem solve.
- To be available to work full time between 11th November – 20th December 2019 and be able to attend induction prior to start date.
- Support Charity Manager and Charity Executive with various duties in office
- Communicate with visitors to warehouse. Friendly & approachable.
- Confident in taking video content - desirable
- Knowledge of the charity sector & fundraising is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram essential
- You will be required to complete a DBS check
How to apply
Please email covering letter and CV to: Radioforthcharityjobs@bauermedia.co.uk
Closing Date for applications is Friday 20 September 2019