Be a part of the fundamental team working hands on in the very heart of the Radio Forth’s Cash for Kids Mission Christmas appeal.
Mission Christmas is our biggest and highest profile campaign of the year. The Mission Christmas Coordinator is critical to its success. You will be an ambitious self-starter who is obsessed about organisation, prioritisation and detail, keeping a cool head when faced with multiple tasks that all need completing simultaneously. You will be a strong and confident communicator who can lead our team of volunteers and keep internal stakeholders up-to-date with the status of the campaign.
The Mission Christmas Coordinator (Front of House) will be responsible for supporting the Cash for Kids team with the managing and day-to-day running of the Mission Christmas Warehouse. You will be communicating with volunteers, organisations who will collect gifts, fundraisers who are supporting Mission Christmas who may visit the warehouse as well as the Cash for Kids team. You will be meticulous in following processes and keeping all documentation updated.
It's hard work, long hours at times, but it's all to put a smile on the faces of thousands of children who've had a tough time and need to experience some Christmas magic. Last year we provided gifts to over 24,000 children.
You will report into and be supported by the Charity Manager in the running of this campaign but will be expected to work on your own initiative. The hours will be approximately 9.00 a.m. -5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Flexibility with working hours is essential as the campaign progresses and gets closer to Christmas.
What we are looking for from you:-
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise and juggle many tasks at once.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Delegation skills
- Passionate, resilient, positive thinking and a good sense of humour.
- Forward thinking and the ability to problem solve.
- To be available to work full time between 11th November – 20th December 2019 and be able to attend induction prior to start date.
- Coordinate between 10 through to 40 volunteers each day in their tasks and be able to confidently support
- Support Corporate Fundraising Manager with various duties front of house
- Communicate with visitors to warehouse. Friendly and approachable.
- Be able to adhere and follow processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the charity sector and fundraising is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram desirable
- You will be required to complete a DBS check
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
Please email covering letter and CV to: Radioforthcharityjobs@bauermedia.co.uk
Closing Date for applications is Friday 11 October 2019