- London & South East
The role involves working closely with our nominated overseas trading partners to monitor overall Seymour trading performance and further enhance profitable growth for all parties.
In conjunction with the Sales Development Controllers and the International team you will be required to:
- Use market and product knowledge to deliver timely and accurate annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly sales estimates to ensure that these are reflective of actual trading at all times.
- Create Annual Title Business Developments plans for key territories.
- Monitor and evaluate performance in line with annual plans and where necessary propose credible intermediate solutions to ensure all agreed performance targets are secured.
- Manage Trade Marketing budget as agreed with publisher and continuously seek out creative promotional opportunities to enhance and maximise all new potential sales opportunities.
- Monitor and communicate publisher profitability performance on a regular basis to both the publisher and the internal management team.
- Work with our overseas trading partners to uncover and exploit all possible trading advantages on behalf of our publisher clients.
- Travel overseas as required and represent SIL in a professional manner.
Who Are You?
- A self-motivated individual with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and challenging
- Adaptable, enthusiastic and accepting of change
- Has the ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding and appreciation of commercial sensitivities.
- Account Management experience - gained through delivery of key objectives.
- Possessing excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a broad base of external clients and distribution partners.
- A track record of making the right decisions under pressure.
- The ability to multi-task and manage own workload to deadlines whilst accommodating urgent requests.
- The ability to solve problems and ability to use own initiative to drive change and improvement.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Presentation skills
What’s In It for You?
Seymour is part of The Frontline Group owned by two of the world’s leading publishing companies; Bauer Media and Immediate Media Company. This will give you the chance to grow your career across a number of different businesses and functions, including trade marketing, publishing, brand marketing, sales, finance and supply chain. We strongly believe in developing our own people and have a great track record of taking people from account exec level positions through to senior positions within the group.
As part of a high performing team you will receive reward and recognition for what you achieve, through praise, recognition and the development of your career here at Seymour. We enjoy what we do and succeed by what we achieve as a team and what we do together. Based in Smithfield’s in the heart of London it’s a great place to be and we have an active Social Club that organise great events. The role also comes with:
- A competitive package
- Flexible Benefits
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
As part of the wider Frontline Group you will be working for the market leading UK Distributor and the biggest global exporter of magazines. We account for 60% of magazine revenue in the UK so in your career you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting and iconic magazines brands, as well as working on titles that operate with highly engaged and passionate audiences. Our teams are made up of the most talented and widely respected people in our industry and are seen as the experts in their fields. At Seymour we are passionate about other people’s passions and embrace the wide variety of different interests, hobbies, sports and genres our readers love and with over 130 Publishing Clients and more than 1,000 magazine titles, life at Seymour is always exciting, rich with diversity, it can be challenging but always very rewarding.
To learn more about our company and our great people visit www.seymour.co.uk
How to apply
If you feel you want to work in a dynamic and exciting environment please send your CV along with a covering letter to
The deadline for applications is the 16th August 2019
Closing Date for applications is Friday 16 August 2019