- London & South East
Founded in Hamburg in 1875, Bauer Media is a privately-owned, global media company operating in 17 countries with a portfolio of market leading consumer brands across radio, magazines and digital. It also operates several online comparison portals in Central Europe, Spain and the Nordics and a growing marketing services business for small and medium sized enterprises.
Bauer Media Audio is one of Europe’s leading digital radio and audio businesses, reaching over twenty-five million listeners daily across FM, DAB, digital TV, web, apps and voice-controlled devices. Through its portfolio of world-class brands the business spans the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway with leading brands including Mix Megapol, Radio Nova, RMF, Absolute Radio, Kiss and Magic.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement;
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
Job Title: Senior Commercial Communications Executive
Department / Location: Bauer Media Advertising, Camden, London, United Kingdom
• Communications Director
• Dotted line to Commercial Marketing Manager
Your Working Pattern: 0900-1730 Monday to Friday
Occasional out of hours work at events or other activity required
Flexibility at Bauer: We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Your Team: The role sits within the advertising team but with a direct report into the Communications Director.
Day-to-day contact will be with the commercial marketing team, wider advertising team and communications team.
The focus of your role
This is a communications role which sits within the Bauer Media Advertising team with specific responsibility for delivering the commercial comms/PR plan in conjunction with the Communications Director and Commercial Marketing Manager.
This role involves proactively implementing and delivering the trade PR and communications plan for Bauer Media Advertising in line with the overall commercial and corporate strategy.
The Bauer Media advertising team’s vision is to “seamlessly deliver excellence in everything that we do” and all teams are aligned to this one goal with clear team and personal KPIs. Delivering on this vision requires a culture of excellence where our 4 key values of bold, curious, positive and connected are evident in the behaviours of everyone in the team at all times.
What you’ll do
• Grow awareness and perception of Bauer Advertising’s delivery of tangible
business results for our commercial partners;
• Create advertising demand and demonstrate influence and impact of Bauer platforms and key brands;
• Provide evidence for the Bauer Media commercial narrative;
• Communicate appropriate commercial news to key internal stakeholders;
• Work seamlessly across multiple projects to deliver high-quality work aligned to commercial customer plans.
• Ensure campaigns are relevant and planned to achieve maximum impact, are well targeted and achieve high levels of coverage, reach or engagement.
• Activities to include identifying and securing speaking, comment, interview and Thought Leadership, case studies, features, content creation, social media and news announcement opportunities around key themes;
o Digital expertise (lead by digital audio)
o Audience insight
o Creative excellence
o Multi-platform, influential, trusted and innovative brands in action
• Undertake incoming media queries and respond or refer them quickly and accurately;
• Foster and maintain first class relationships with trade media;
• Support key spokespeople with the creation of messaging, Q&A, scripts to support interviews, speaking opportunities or panel discussion appearances;
• Work collaboratively with the commercial marketing team to create content - written, video and audio;
• Work closely with the Communications Director to ensure the commercial messaging fits in with the wider corporate strategy;
• Ensure first-class relationships with internal stakeholders;
• Work collaboratively with the Commercial Marketing team and Communications team to develop and implement a corporate social media strategy – content and community management daily;
• Ensuring the Bauer Media corporate social media accounts fit within the wider corporate strategy;
• Responsible for delivering the Bauer Media Advertising Awards strategy – including project management and writing;
• Work closely with Commercial Marketing Manager and commercial marketing executive on the Bauer Media Website to ensure content is tailored for differing audiences;
• Consistent monitoring of news, circulating daily round up of key press articles to internal stakeholder;
• Ensuring key Bauer commercial activity is communicated effectively internally in collaboration with wider Communications team;
• Press coverage reporting and analysis;
• Prepared to occasionally work at events or on other out of hours activity when required.
• Well perceived and visible Bauer brands and spokespeople across trade, digital and social media channels;
• Successful 360 integration of PR & communications in conjunction with commercial marketing strategy;
• Innovative and ground-breaking PR & communications activities which get our brands talked about;
• Strong, targeted and relevant coverage and content created;
• Professional relationships with media contacts and internal stakeholders;
• Successful and consistent collaboration within the communications team and across Bauer Media;
• Swift and effective response to media queries;
• Well-co-ordinated activities.
What you’ll bring
• Media professional with at least 3 consecutive years (current or recent) working in a communications role across trade communications and social media;
• Highly organised, adaptable and able to manage a large and varied workload;
• Strong understanding of B2B and trade media with media and digital sector specific experience an advantage;
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
• Thinks creatively and proactively;
• Ability to produce accurate work when under the pressure of tight deadlines;
• Ability to absorb knowledge and information quickly;
• A natural problem-solver;
• Broad multi-platform contacts book;
• Trustworthy and discreet;
• Excellent people skills;
• Excellent team player and ability to work effectively across multiple teams;
• Reliable and accurate with excellent attention to detail;
• Solutions orientated and positive “can do” attitude.
Bauer Media Advertising signature behaviours:
• Talking beats typing
• We do the right thing – we are humble, honest and respectful towards each other and our customers
• We collaborate with each other and our customers
• We challenge everything
• We are innovative
• We are proactive
• There are no silly questions, if you don’t know, ask
• Ask where you can make a difference
• Immerse yourself in our and our customers’ business
• We don’t present problems unless we can propose a solution
• We celebrate great work, not just wins
• We are proud of our brands and platforms
What we’ll offer you
Our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect across our brands.
Why we’re different
In the UK we reach 25 million consumers through our portfolio which includes heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Motor Cycle News, Parkers, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Magic and Absolute Radio. We believe that our scale, coupled with the breadth of our portfolio, gives us an advantage over pure play magazine or radio competitors. It also gives us a huge responsibility - our brands become the lens through which our audiences see the world, and for this reason, we take our responsibilities as a media outlet very seriously, recognising that we are responsible for shaping perceptions in the wider world.
Our closing date for applications is 11th December 2019 and we’re aiming to make a decision on who to invite to interview by 16th December 2019.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do, and you can find out more about why this is so important to us by visiting our Working at Bauer site. We welcome flexible workers, career-break returners, and those from all walks of life. We want to make sure that our selection processes are as fair as they can possibly be, providing a level playing field for anyone who wants to come and work at Bauer.
If you require any adjustments to an interview process, please feel free to get in touch with HR.administration@ bauermedia.co.uk who will be happy to talk through what you need in complete confidence, and make arrangements on your behalf. Adjustments can be whatever you need them to be, whether that’s around accessibility, preparation time and space, or just travel expenses to get you to the interview.
How to apply
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send a CV and cover letter to Sophie.Mulcahy@bauermedia.co.uk by 11th December, 2019.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 11 December 2019