- Northern Ireland
The successful candidate will have an absolute passion for news and be able to provide creatively crafted, and concise, yet informative bulletins – both live and pre-recorded.
You will be talented, highly-skilled, experienced and motivated operator – with the ability to carry out your duties in an often high, time-pressured environment working to hourly deadlines.
- Bulletin editing - scripting, editing and delivering news bulletins, both live and pre-recorded, on the hour to an exemplary standard
- News desk duties - working closely with the Head of News & Sport to produce daily first-rate bulletins and planning ideas for future stories and features.
- Produce quality daily news schedules and produce/present news-room conferences
In addition, you will be expected to stand in for Head of News & Sport as and when required
- Out-of-station duties – on occasions you will be required to anchor ‘on-location’ bulletins
What you will bring:
- Creativity in both bulletin creation and delivery
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills/strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility and a willingness to change in line with business requirements
- Strong news judgement
- Ideas generation
A sound knowledge of law for journalists
How to apply
Full-time 38-hour standard week –(Flexible working if required)
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, we would also ask you to provide us with a concise CV a short mp3 demo.
In addition, and upon receipt of your CV and demo will we then send you a Monitoring Questionnaire to fill in and return (as this is a legal requirement) and will complete the application process.
Please return the above to our Talent Manager email@example.com and refer to Kerryann if you have any questions.
**Our closing date for applications is Monday 9th December and we’re aiming to decide on who to invite to interview 10th December with interviews the following week. **
Closing Date for applications is Monday 09 December 2019