- London & South East
Role: Social & Digital Manager
Location: One Golden Square, London
Contract: 12 month contract
This is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the UK’s best loved radio brands, using your passion and expertise in social media to grow Magic’s reach as our Social & Digital Manager.
The Focus of Your Role
The Social & Digital Manager will work closely with a creative, passionate and supportive team of producers and presenters at Magic and Bauer’s other national radio brands, to produce content which drives views and creates conversations which build a community.
If you love the thought of creating inventive content, such as new celebrity interview formats, attention grabbing social media posts and presenter-fronted videos, we would love to hear from you. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
What You’ll Do
You’ll create compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, such as celebrity interviews, list videos, social stories, sharable posts
- Manage a dayparting plan for content, coverage and promotions which represents the 24/7 nature of a radio station
- Set Key Performance Indicators for third party (e.g. facebook.com/magicradio) and owned (e.g. magic.co.uk) channels using analytics tools
- Train and mentor programme teams on social media and digital content creation
What You’ll Bring
- A strong understanding of the social media landscape, demonstrated through previous work and active participation on social networks.
- Strong writing skills and English to at least GCSE level
- Design skills and at least three years’ experience using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop
- Video filming skills and editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong communications skills and be able to communicate both in-person and using tools such as Trello, Slack or Teams, with management, stakeholders, subordinates and peers
- Time management skills essential
Measures of Success
Success will be measured on level of:
- views and engagement (eg shares) of content
- subscriptions (eg likes, follows) to channels
- reach (eg weekly active users) to web, apps and social channels
- listening (primarily streaming, podcast)
What We’ll Offer You
We want Bauer Media to be a great place to do great work with great people.
Our team take an enormous amount of pride in the support they give to their colleagues and the creative way in which we work on our brands. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, with our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve and creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
The role is advertised as a 12 month contract, as the current Manager is moving onto an exciting new project to help grow the digital strategy across all of Bauer Radio.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure that our selection processes are as fair as they can possible be, proving a level playing field for anyone who wants to come and work for Bauer. Therefore if you require any adjustments to an interview process, please feel free to let us know when you get in touch. Adjustments can be whatever you need them to be, whether that’s around accessibility, preparation time and space or just travel expenses to get you to the interview. Let us know what you need and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re getting a fair opportunity to succeed.
How to apply
Please send your CV, along with examples of your work and a cover letter to Jenna Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 25th September. The advertised role is a 12 month contract and will be based in Golden Square, London.
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 25 September 2019