- London & South East
The role of the Trade Marketing & Circulation Executive here at Seymour will see you working with Publishers finding opportunities to drive sales at retail, maximise their trade marketing investment and find efficiency in distribution. You will work closely with one of Seymour’s senior management team, supporting them with the management of market leading accounts, whose brands include Children’s titles such as Peppa Pig & Disney Princess, The UK’s best Cookery Magazine; Delicious and the UK’s fastest growing puzzle brand; Puzzle Life, as well as owning relationships with your own clients. The primary focus will be to secure distribution of your magazine portfolio into retail as profitably as possible, through the development of your trade marketing and sales plans. You will be part of a wider cross-functional team, where our services allow our clients to get their skilfully curated and beautifully created magazines into the hands of consumers across the globe, allowing people to be entertained, informed, inspired or to simply enjoy reading about their passion.
• Developing best in class customer relationships with our publishing clients
• To update / administer various key reports for your team & publishing clients
• Monitor and report on performance in line with a competitive market place
• To manage the administrative process for copy management processes
• Update Trade Marketing budgets and administer incoming invoice charges
• To manage all aspects of the MARS promotional booking system
• To provide all key industry updates / price changes and key information to marketing department & publishers
• Update EPOS & Magstats on a weekly basis (weekly sales sheets)
• To provide accurate print order information on a weekly basis
• To become a proficient use of company systems / able to provide ad-hoc reporting for your team
• To report directly to Circulation & Trade Marketing Manager and assist in all elements of customer service & information provision
Who are you?
• A team player, who is good at building trust and long term relationships
• You are self-motivated, well organised and good at meeting deadlines
• A strong communicator, good at getting your point across clearly and concisely
• You are also a good listener, have empathy and understand how to get the best out of those around you
• You have strong analytical skills, are inquisitive about data, with an eye for detail
What’s in it for you?
Seymour is part of The Frontline Group owned by two of the world’s leading publishing companies; Bauer Media and Immediate Media Company. This will give you the chance to grow your career across a number of different businesses and functions, including trade marketing, publishing, brand marketing, sales, finance and supply chain. We strongly believe in developing our own people and have a great track record of taking people from account exec level positions through to senior positions within the group.
As part of a high performing team you will receive reward and recognition for what you achieve, through praise, recognition and the development of your career here at Seymour. We enjoy what we do and succeed by what we achieve as a team and what we do together. Based in Smithfield’s in the heart of London it’s a great place to be and we have an active Social Club that organise great events. The role also comes with:
• A competitive package
• Flexible Benefits
• 25 days holiday per year
• Pension scheme
As part of the wider Frontline Group you will be working for the market leading UK Distributor and the biggest global exporter of magazines. We account for 67% of magazine revenue in the UK so in your career you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting and iconic magazines brands, as well as working on titles that operate with highly engaged and passionate audiences. Our teams are made up of the most talented and widely respected people in our industry and are seen as the experts in their fields. At Seymour we are passionate about other people’s passions and embrace the wide variety of different interests, hobbies, sports and genres our readers love and with over 130 Publishing Clients and more than 1,000 magazine titles, life at Seymour is always exciting, rich with diversity, it can be challenging but always very rewarding.
To learn more about our company and our great people visit www.seymour.co.uk
Diversity and Inclusion
Bauer UK is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
How to apply
If you feel you want to work in a dynamic and exciting environment please send your CV along with a covering letter to
Closing Date for applications is Friday 11 October 2019