- Absolute Radio
- London & South East
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we
know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we’d
love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to
work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
You’ll be working for 12 months as part of our small digital team which sits within the lovely Absolute Radio, Planet Rock and Kerrang! Radio teams. We’re based in One Golden Square, in central London, the home to well over 20 radio stations.
You’ll be interacting with everyone from the music team, to marketing, to producers and presenters, all passionate about creating really cool award-winning stuff. We’re a friendly bunch who are as likely to be chatting about Bake Off as we are to be discussing the gig we went to last night.
The focus of the role
Working closely with the Digital & Social Media Manager your goal is to drive more engagement on our digital platforms, encouraging listening and therefore growing the audience of our stations.
What you’ll do
As a Web & Social Media Producer, you’ll be doing the following for Absolute Radio, Kerrang! Radio and Planet Rock’s social media channels and websites:
- Create and post engaging video and station content that resonates with our audiences.
- Edit (and occasionally film) social-specific videos.
- Moderate social media channels and respond to audience enquiries.
- Update the stations’ websites and apps on a daily basis, as well as create new pages and writing music features.
- Pitch in with creative ideas at regular planning sessions.
- Work at occasional events outside of traditional office hours to provide live social media coverage.
What you’ll bring to the role
This is one of the most listener-facing roles in the company, representing the public online face of our stations, so you’ll bring:
- Strong writing skills, with an eye for detail and an appreciation of the need for correct grammar and accurate spelling in all communications. Ideally English or a writing-heavy subject to at least A-Level or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of social networks and the nature of their communities.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the artists we play on Absolute Radio, Kerrang! Radio and Planet Rock.
- Ideally experience of using image manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop), and willingness to develop these skills to a professional level.
- Video editing skills would be an advantage, willingness to learn essential.
- Creativity and the ability to turn an abstract idea into an end product that will be enjoyed by our listeners.
- A willingness to work on exciting projects that may see you working in unusual locations, at unorthodox hours, with some extraordinary people…
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That’s why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
We take our responsibilities around data very seriously. As part of any recruitment process, Bauer Media collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations. For more information on our GDPR responsibilities, you can visit our website here:
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make sure that our selection processes are as fair as they can possibly be, providing a level playing field for anyone who wants to come and work at Bauer. Therefore, if you require any adjustments to an interview process, please feel free to get in touch with HR.administration@ bauermedia.co.uk who will be happy to talk through any adjustments you need in complete confidence, and make arrangements on your behalf. Adjustments can be whatever you need them to be, whether that’s around accessibility, preparation time and space, or just travel expenses to get you to the interview. Let us know what you need, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you’re getting a fair opportunity to succeed.
How to apply
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send a covering letter and cv to Brett.Spencer@bauermedia.co.uk
Closing Date for applications is Thursday 21 November 2019