Digital innovation fuels growth across Hits Radio, Greatest Hits Radio, and Absolute Radio Network
- Bauer Media reaches 18.2 million listeners (up 1.2% YoY);
- Standout performances include:
- Bauer’s biggest network Hits Radio Brand (6.6 million reach, up 8% YoY);
- Greatest Hits Radio Network (1.3 million reach, up 9.1%);
- Absolute Radio Network (4.9 million reach, up 3.3% YoY);
- Digital reach is 14.6 million – up 9.3% YoY;
- Bauer Media’s listening via a digital device rises to 74% vs. the industry average of 59%.
- Hits Radio Brand has 6.6 million listeners (up 8% YoY);
- Greatest Hits Radio reaches 1.3 million listeners (up 9.1% YoY).
- Absolute Radio Network posts audience of 4.9 million listeners (up 3.3% YoY);
- The Dave Berry Breakfast Show reaches highest-ever audience of 2.3 million listeners (up 4.7% YoY).
- Magic Radio Network has 4.2 million listeners;
- Digital station Mellow Magic reaches 626,000 listeners (up 3.8% YoY).
- KISS Network posts 5.3 million listeners;
- KISSTORY is the UK’s No.1 commercial digital-only station with 2.2 million listeners (up 21.1% YoY).
- Country Hits Radio reaches 247,000 listeners (up 5.6% on the quarter).
- Scala Radio delivers 249,000 listeners (up 7.7% on the quarter).
Dee Ford CBE, Group Managing Director Radio, Bauer Media, said, “Digital innovation is what makes Bauer stand out – we know and understand audiences and how they want to engage with content. This underpins our sector-leading 74% listening on a digital device and of course our growth in total listening. These results have been driven by strong performances from Hits, Greatest Hits and Absolute Radio Networks. We have been a clear leader in digital radio for the last five years and operate 6 of the top 10 leading commercial digital stations, with KISSTORY continuing as the clear commercial digital leader.”
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos - MORI / RSMB, period Q4 2019, all stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.
- ENDS -
About Bauer Media UK:
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Magic, Absolute Radio and the Hits Radio Network. These brands offer commercial partners access to highly engaged audiences, with creative solutions underpinned by insight and instinct. Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately-owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.
For Further Press Information please contact:
Cat Martin – Communications Director, Bauer Media
T: 0207 432 3317 M: 07932 746363
Amelia O’Shea – Bauer Media Communications Manager (Radio)
T: 07718 489342