Latest ABC’s re-confirm Bauer Media is No 1 in: TV Listings, Real-Life and Women’s Weeklies
TV Choice reigns as the UK’s biggest-selling magazine with over a million copies sold every week
Garden Answers posts double-digit growth both period-on-period and year-on-year
Take a Break continues to be the UK’s No 1 selling women’s magazine
Bella retains No 1 position in the Women’s Weekly Classics Market
Grazia, Closer and heat all out-perform the market both year-on-year and period-on-period and increase market share
- Bauer Media retains its position as the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher according to the latest round of ABC figures;
- No 1 in TV listings (the UK’s biggest magazine category by volume) with TV Choice and Total TV Guide. Bauer has increased its share of the TV Listings Market to 44.2%;
- In the Women’s Weeklies Classics market Bella remains the No 1 best-selling title.
- Garden Answers posts significant double-digit growth year-on-year and period-on-period and Garden News records period-on-period growth;
- In the Real-Life market Bauer Media continues to dominate the sector and has increased its market share to 57.4% with Take a Break in the No 1 position selling 432,683 copies weekly;
- Grazia celebrates market beating performances both period-on-period and year-on-year;
- heat out-performs the market with period-on-period and year-on-year increases in market share;
- Yours out-performs the market growing share.
Commenting on the results, Rob Munro-Hall, CEO of Bauer Publishing UK & Co-Head of Global Publishing Business Bauer Media Group said, “As the UK’s biggest publisher, we are proud to re-affirm our No 1 position across key markets: TV Choice leads in TV Listings for the 12th successive year and is the only magazine to sell over a million copies a week, Take a Break is No 1 in Real-Life and Bella leads in Women’s Weekly Classics. We have delivered a standout performance in our gardening titles. Our magazines enhance the lives of our audiences through entertainment, information and inspiration, and bring together communities of people with shared passions, delivering quality attention at exceptional value to advertisers. We will continue to support great publishing both in print and beyond.”
Highlights this period:
TV Choice 1,122,207; Total TV Guide 87,543
- TV Choice (weekly) remains the No 1 title in the UK – selling over 1.1million copies a week and increasing the gap in copy sales against its nearest competitor to almost 344,000 copies. TV Choice convincingly outperforms the market trend YOY at -3.8%;
- Total TV Guide (weekly) is the best performing title YOY (-3.6%), selling 87.5k copies a week. Subscriptions have risen by +19.3% YOY;
- Market share for both TV Choice and Total TV Guide has increased YOY and POP.
Take a Break 432,683; that’s life 175,200
- Bauer continues its leadership and dominance in the Real-Life Take a Break and that’s life! have both shown market beating performances YOY and POP. Both have also grown their market share over the same periods;
- Take a Break (weekly) remains the best-selling weekly, leading the real-life market, selling 432,683 copies;
- that’s life! (weekly) has shown a market beating performance and is selling 175,200 copies a week;
- Take a Break monthly delivers another substantial ABC figure of 174,496 which is only -3.1% YOY.
Women’s Weekly Classics
- Bella (weekly) retains its No 1 position in the Women’s Weekly Classics market, selling 154,034 copies each week, and has increased its market share YOY;
- Bella is the best performing title YOY within its market.
Closer 163,260; heat 117,452
- Closer (weekly) continues to hold its No 2 position within the celebrity weekly market with 163,260 copies, narrowing the gap to the No 1 position. Closer outperforms the market YOY (-7.6%) growing its market share both POP and YOY;
- heat (weekly) continues to be the strongest performing title of the celebrity market, with a circulation of 117,452 and is outperforming the weekly market trend both POP and YOY.
- Grazia (weekly) has grown its market share, both POP and YOY;
- Grazia has circulated over 5 million copies over the last 12 months according to ABC.
Garden Answers 47,375; Garden News 37,498
- Garden Answers (monthly) continues its phenomenal double-digit growth, increasing to 47,375 copies, up both (+17.6%) POP and (+14.2%) YOY. The magazine has seen the biggest percentage increase in UK actively purchased copies this period (+26%);
- This is Garden Answers 12th consecutive POP ABC increase;
- Garden News (weekly) has grown circulation POP (+7.5%) posting a circulation of 37,498, remaining the biggest selling gardening weekly title.
- Yours (fortnightly) circulated 233,451 copies increasing both market share POP and YOY.
For further press information, please contact:
Susie Asbury, Acting Communications Director (Magazines)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: 07970 402931
Sian Collins, Senior Commercial Communications Executive
E: email@example.com | M: 07718 124791