Bauer Radio celebrates at ARIAS 2020, winning four Gold Awards
Last night the Audio and Radio Industry Awards (ARIAS) 2020 took place at the iconic London Palladium, celebrating the talented teams and individuals across the industry. Bauer Radio teams scooped an amazing four Gold Awards at the event, as well as a host of other prestigious acknowledgements.
The annual Radio Academy event, hosted this year by BBC Radio 1’s Greg James, paid special tribute to Jazz FM and Tay FM who this year celebrate their 30th and 40th anniversaries respectively, while Absolute Radio and Forth 1 also scooped top prizes.
Bauer had much to celebrate upon entering the awards clocking up a staggering 26 nominations, with 14 of those awarded to Absolute Radio.
Bauer Radio ARIAS Award winners:
• Special GOLD Award: Jazz FM
• Special GOLD Award: Tay FM
• Gold Award: Best Coverage of an Event – Mental Health Awareness Week, Absolute Radio
• Gold Award: Best Local Radio Show – Boogie in the Morning, Forth 1
• Silver Award: National Station or Network – The Absolute Radio Network
• Silver Award: Best Commercial Promotion – The Hometime Fish and Chip Tour 2019 with Maldon Salt, Absolute Radio
• Silver Award: Best Specialist Music Show – Absolute Radio, The Absolute Radio Stories
• Bronze Award: Best Speech Presenter – Frank Skinner, Absolute Radio
• Bronze Award: Best Music Breakfast Show – The Dave Berry Breakfast Show, Absolute Radio
• Bronze Award: Best Station Sound – The Absolute Radio Network
• Bronze Award: Best Marketing Campaign – Absolute Radio 10, Absolute Radio
• Bronze Award: Best New Presenter – Tyler West, KISS
• Bronze Award: Best Coverage of an Event – The Great North Run, Metro Radio
Dee Ford CBE, Group Managing Director, Bauer Radio said, “Last night’s awards truly showcased the vast choices that listeners have in UK audio right now, with innovation showing that audiences LOVE the content that they find on every device and keep coming back for more. Our distinctive, pioneering stations continue to be much-loved by our listeners, and it is down to the work of the teams and individuals within Bauer that audiences keep coming back. Their talent and fantastic creativity truly make a difference and I’m delighted that so much of their work was lauded last night.”
Read more about the ARIAS here.
– ENDS –
For further press information, please contact:
Cat Martin – Communications Director, Bauer Media
email@example.com – 07932 746363
Amelia O’Shea – Communications Manager, Bauer Media (Radio)
firstname.lastname@example.org – 07718 489342
About Bauer Media
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Magic, Absolute Radio and the Hits Radio Network. These brands offer commercial partners access to highly engaged audiences, with creative solutions underpinned by insight and instinct. Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately-owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.