KEN BRUCE HELPS DRIVE RECORD FIGURES FOR BAUER MEDIA AUDIO UK
Bauer secures a record 23.5m weekly listeners
Greatest Hits Radio and Absolute Radio networks celebrate their biggest ever audiences
It’s been a year of record-breaking growth for Bauer Media Audio UK, as it celebrates its fifth consecutive record reach, now entertaining 23.5m weekly listeners* across its portfolio of much-loved brands and networks.
Ken Bruce, who is being awarded an MBE this Friday, continues to drive record increases for Greatest Hits Radio, with the Absolute Radio Network also celebrating its third consecutive record reach.
Commercial radio has also achieved another record this quarter, with a reach of 39.3m weekly listeners (+2.9% YoY).
Standout performances this quarter, include:
- The Greatest Hits Radio Network has grown its reach by an incredible 61.6% year on year, now reaching 6.7m weekly listeners. Ken Bruce’s audience has grown to 3.7m and Simon Mayo once again has the biggest commercial drivetime show, reaching 2.5m listeners (+71% YoY). Greatest Hits at Breakfast with Rossie now has 2.7m listeners (+71.8% YoY).
- The Hits Radio Network has 6.5m listeners a week, with flagship station Hits Radio reaching a record 1.9m listeners (+53.7% YoY). The Hits Radio Brand, which is the portfolio combining the Hits Radio and Greatest Hits Radio Networks has a record 12m weekly reach, and record 14.1m when partner stations are included.
- The Absolute Radio Network has a record 5.5m weekly listeners (+3.9% YoY). Dave Berry also has a record 2.3m listeners, with Hometime with Bush & Richie reaching a record 2.2m. Absolute Radio Country is the UK’s biggest country station with 430k weekly listeners (+52.5% YoY).
- The KISS Network achieves 4.5m weekly listeners (+5.1% YoY), with record reach for the UK’s biggest commercial digital station KISSTORY which has 2.6m weekly listeners (+11.9% YoY). KISS Breakfast with Jordan and Perri has over 1m listeners (+2.1% YoY).
- The Magic Radio Network has also grown its reach to 4.1m (+10.7% YoY), with main station Magic Radio up to 3.2m (+10.8% YoY) and record reach for Magic Soul with 495k (+8.8% YoY)
Once again Bauer is also celebrating a record of more than 81% of listening via digital devices and Bauer is home to three of the Top Five digital commercial stations, #1 KISSTORY, #2 Absolute Radio and #4 Absolute 80s. It’s also ahead of the market in terms of listening via connected devices, with Bauer reporting 29.4% of listening via smart speaker, web and app.
Simon Myciunka, CEO for Bauer Media Audio UK said – ‘Yet again, more and more people are choosing to listen to Bauer stations and for longer. This is the place to reach quality audiences, including Greatest Hits Radio which now has the biggest market share of any commercial radio station in the UK. Offering excellent value and deep commercial relationships; there’s never been a better time to advertise with Bauer.’
Ben Cooper, Chief Content & Music Officer, Bauer Media Audio UK: ‘Ken Bruce and the Greatest Hits Radio team have surpassed our expectations with record breaking growth as new audiences enjoy our mix of 70s, 80s and 90s music. Congratulations to our Breakfast shows on Absolute Radio, KISS, Magic Radio, GHR, Hits Radio and Planet Rock which have all increased listeners helping Bauer Media Audio UK achieve its fifth consecutive record reach.’
– ENDS –
Note to editors:
* Bauer Media Audio UK total reach figure includes partner stations. * Bauer Partner Stations – Bauer Media
For more information, please contact:
Amelia O’Shea – Head of Communications, Bauer Media Audio UK
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07531 949693
Odelia Yu – Commercial Communications Manager
E: email@example.com T: 07718 124791
About Bauer Media UK:
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Magic, Absolute Radio and the Hits Radio Network. These brands offer commercial partners access to highly engaged audiences, with creative solutions underpinned by insight and instinct. Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.