Bauer Achieves Record 18.4 Million Listeners
BAUER ACHIEVES RECORD 18.4 MILLION LISTENERS
STAND-OUT PERFORMANCES FROM ABSOLUTE RADIO, MAGIC AND HITS NETWORKS
INNOVATION CONTINUES TO FUEL GROWTH IN DIGITAL REACH WITH HIGHEST-EVER AUDIENCES
#1 AND #2 DIGITAL RADIO STATIONS KISSTORY & ABSOLUTE 80S
- Bauer Media achieves record of 18.4 million (up 1.1% YoY);
- Standout performances include:
- Absolute Radio – highest ever audience (4.9 million up 1.4% YoY)
- Magic Radio network (4.2 million up 3.6% YoY)
- Hits Radio (6.7 million up 3.8% YoY)
- Digital reach achieves another record high at 14.6 million – growing rapidly at 12.8% YoY
- Bauer Media’s listening via a digital device is at 72% vs an industry average of 57% – growing by a very impressive 8.5%.
- Absolute Radio Network posts record audience of 4.9 million listeners (up 1.4% YoY);
- Dave Berry Breakfast Show reaches highest-ever audiences at 2.2 million listeners (up 1.2% YoY);
- Absolute Radio branded stations continue to see growth including:
- Absolute 80s (record audience of 1.8 million growing 3.5% YoY)
- Absolute Classic Rock (721,000 – growing 1% YoY).
- Magic Radio Network grows 3.6% YoY to 4.2 million listeners;
- Magic Radio Station posts an impressive 3.5 million listeners (up 8.3% YoY);
- Ronan Keating and Harriet Scott’s national Breakfast Show grows rapidly by 17.6% to reach 1.5 million listeners;
- Digital-only Magic branded stations post record audiences including:
- Mellow Magic (664,000 up 23.6% YoY)
- Magic Chilled (377,000 up 12.2% YoY).
- Bauer’s biggest network – Hits Radio grows to 6.7 million listeners;
- Greatest Hits Radio reaches 1.2 million listeners;
- Country Hits Radio taps into the fastest-growing music genre reaching 234,000 listeners.
- KISSTORY is UK’s biggest digital-only station with a record 2.6 million listeners growing 18.4%;
- KISS Network posts 5.6 million listeners.
Dee Ford CBE, Group Managing Director Radio, Bauer Media, said, “Record reach this quarter has been led by stand out performances from Absolute Radio, Magic and the Hits Network. Fantastic results from KISSTORY and original digital pioneer Absolute 80s, prove yet again that distinctive strong stations really resonate with listeners and customers alike. We are thrilled to see our long-held strategy of investing in exciting and engaging digital products continuing with purpose: 72% of Bauer’s listening is now delivered via a digital device versus the industry average of 57%”.
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period Q3 2019, all stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.
For Further Press Information please contact:
Cat Martin – Communications Director, Bauer Media
T: 0207 432 3317 M: 07932 746363
Sian Collins – Senior Commercial Communications Executive, Bauer Media
About Bauer Media UK:
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Magic, Absolute Radio and the Hits Radio Network. These brands offer commercial partners access to highly engaged audiences, with creative solutions underpinned by insight and instinct. Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.