Bauer Media Audio UK Reaches 20.6m Listeners With Another Market-Leading Digital Performance
The Q4 2021 RAJAR results show the continued resilience and success of radio in an ever-changing marketplace, with Bauer Media Audio UK achieving an impressive 20.6M reach across its stations.
The results demonstrate yet another market-leading digital performance for Bauer, with over three quarters of listening via a digital device ahead of an industry average of 65%. Bauer is home to 3 out of 5 of the top commercial digital stations (No.1 KISSTORY, No.3 Absolute 80s, No.4 Planet Rock).
Standout performances, include:
- The Hits Radio Brand Network records the highest listening of any commercial network, with an all-time high of 90.3M hours and a reach of 10.0M .
- Greatest Hits Radio Network achieves record reach of 4.1M (+5.4%), with hours of 33.1M (+10.7%) . GHR records a hugely impressive performance in London, increasing reach by 49.3%
- A strong performance from the Absolute Radio Network, which secures a record reach of 5.3M (+2.8%), with extensions 60s, 70s, 90s and Classic Rock all growing audience.
- Planet Rock celebrates a record reach of 1.4 million listeners (+4.8%), and is the biggest digital only station for hours
- The Magic Radio Network delivers a stable 4.1M listeners, with Magic Chilled growing by 11%
- KISS Network posts 4.5M reach, which includes the No.1 commercial digital only station, KISSTORY
Dee Ford CBE, Group Managing Director, Bauer Media Audio UK said “I am so proud that we have actively encouraged digital listening through delivering world class content that our listeners can access however they want. Three quarters of our audience now listen via a digital device – this market leading performance sets us up perfectly for the future.’
Ben Cooper, Chief Content and Music Officer, Bauer Media Audio UK said – “Rock fans have done us proud giving us record figures for Planet Rock, Absolute Classic Rock and amazing hours on Kerrang! – we salute you. Absolute Radio also broke records with over 5million listeners including, for the first time, over a million tuning in to Absolute Radio 90s. Simon Mayo took Greatest Hits Radio from strength to strength as the successful move to FM in London continued to drive huge increases. And KISS anticipated its listeners changing lifestyle as Jordan and Perri’s new start time on Breakfast grew audiences to over a million.”
– ENDS –
 Hits Radio Brand Sales figure which includes all partner stations sold by Bauer under the Hits Radio Brand
 Greatest Hits Network Sales figure which includes all partner stations sold by Bauer under the Greatest Hits Radio Brand