Bauer Media Audio UK Secures Record 21m Reach And Another Market-Leading Digital Performance
Bauer Media Audio UK is today celebrating its best ever reach, securing an impressive audience of 21M across its stations. The results of today’s Q1 2022 RAJAR release demonstrate the ongoing strength of radio, with more people than ever choosing it for its winning formula of music, entertainment, information and companionship (up to over 49.7M listeners this quarter).
The results also display another market-leading digital performance for Bauer this quarter, with the highest-ever digital listening profile of 76%, ahead of an industry average of 68%. As home to 3 of the top 5 commercial digital only stations (No.1 KISSTORY, No.3 Absolute 80s, No.5 Planet Rock), Bauer continues to excel through innovation.
Standout performances this quarter, include:
- The Hits Radio Brand sees continued growth, with reach up to 9.2M (+9.7% QoQ). When partner stations are included, it is the UK’s biggest commercial network, with reach of 11M (+10.8% QoQ)*
- Within this, the Hits Radio Network reaches 5.8M (+2.4% QoQ), while the Greatest Hits Radio Network continues its phenomenal growth with a 26% increase to reach 4.2M
- The Absolute Radio Network, home to the ARIA award-winning Dave Berry Breakfast Show, delivers a 5.2M reach, with growth for extensions Absolute Radio Country, Absolute Radio 60s and Absolute Radio 10s
- A strong, stable performance for the Magic Radio Network with 4.1M reach, and growth for its extensions; Magic Chilled, Mellow Magic, Magic Soul and Magic at the Musicals
- The KISS Network posts 4.3M reach, including No.1 commercial digital only station, KISSTORY
Dee Ford CBE, Group Managing Director, Bauer Media Audio UK said, “Who wouldn’t be delighted with these results? They really showcase how commercial radio is driving industry growth, with even more listeners tuning in than ever before. Audiences clearly love and trust radio and we’re proud to create world-class content and deliver it however listeners want it. That’s why we are digital market leaders.”
Ben Cooper, Chief Content and Music Officer, Bauer Media Audio UK said, “What an amazingly successful time for the Hits Radio Network, growing its weekly audience to nearly 6million listeners just after Hits Radio won the ARIAS UK Station of the Year. And the good times really do sound like this for Greatest Hits Radio, as Simon Mayo and the team set another new record high, with a reach of 4.2million, up a huge 26%.”
– ENDS –
For more information, please contact:
Amelia O’Shea – Head of Communications, Bauer Media Audio UK
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07718 489342
About Bauer Media UK:
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, KISS, Grazia, Empire, Magic, Absolute Radio and the Hits Radio Network. These brands offer commercial partners access to highly engaged audiences, with creative solutions underpinned by insight and instinct. Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.