Bauer Media Confirmed as The UK’s Biggest Magazine Publisher
Latest ABC’s confirm Bauer Media is No 1 in: TV Listings, True-Life, Photography and now Women’s Weekly Classics…
Bella becomes No 1 in the Women’s Weekly Classics Market – 31 years after it launched!
TV Choice is still the UK’s biggest-selling magazine
Gardens Answers posts double-digit growth
Take a Break continues to be the UK’s No 1 selling woman’s magazine
Grazia out performs the market year-on-year and period-on-period
heat increases market share as it celebrates 1000th issue
Bauer Media is today confirmed as the UK’s biggest selling magazine publisher, with total reported copies circulated of 70.4m in this ABC period.
- In the Women’s Weeklies Classics market Bella takes the No 1 spot after another stunning ABC performance – 31 years after it launched.
- No 1 in TV listings (the UK’s biggest magazine category by volume) with TV Choice and Total TV Guide. Bauer now accounts for 43.1% of the market.
- Garden Answers posts significant double-digital growth.
- In the True-Life market Bauer Media extends its leadership with market share of 56.7% with Take a Break in the No 1 position selling 472,000 copies weekly.
- Grazia out performs the market both period-on-period and year-on-year
- heat celebrates period-on-period and year-on-year increases in market share and out-performs the market
Commenting on the results, Rob Munro-Hall, Group Managing Director, Bauer Magazine Media UK said: “As the UK’s biggest publisher, we are proud to be No 1 across key markets with much loved brands; TV Choice leads in TV Listings, Take a Break in True-Life, Bella in Women’s Weekly Classics and Garden Answers showing phenomenal growth. Our breadth of magazines offers a trusted environment and meaningful connections, inspiration and influence across an extremely diverse range of interests and passions. Print magazines remain one of the strongest opportunities for commercial partners to engage with passionate, knowledgeable audiences. We are very pleased that our continued investment in making the best magazines possible is being repaid by consumer loyalty and buying habits”.
Highlights this period:
- TV Choice (weekly) remains the UK’s biggest magazine – selling over 1.1 million copies a week. It has further increased its lead by out-performing the market both POP and YOY, increased market share and now sells over 336,000 more copies than its nearest rival.
- Total TV Guide (weekly) now sells 91,000 copies, and increased market share both POP and YOY.
- Take a Break (weekly) leads with the No 1 position in the true-life market, selling over 472,000 copies.
- Take a Break Monthly (monthly) sells 180,000 copies and that’s life! (weekly) sells 192,000 copies, both contributing towards Bauer’s significant leadership and dominance in the True-Life market.
Women’s Weekly Classics
- Bella (weekly) becomes the No 1 leader in the Women’s Weeklies Classics market, delivering both POP (+1.3%) and YOY (+2.8%) growth with over 166,000 copies sold.
- Closer (weekly) holds strong in its No 2 position within the celebrity weekly market and at over 177,000 copies.
- Grazia (weekly) out performs the market and circulated over 102,000 copies and has increased market share both POP and YOY.
- heat increased its share both POP and YOY, with 119,00 copies circulated as it celebrates its 1000th issue with a bumper edition.
- Grazia (weekly) outperformed the Glossies market both POP and YOY; it also increased market share both POP and YOY.
- Garden Answers (monthly) posts phenomenal double-digit growth at 41,000 copies up (+20%) POP and (+24%)
- Garden News (weekly) grows POP (+5.3%).
- Yours (fortnightly) circulated 242,000 copies and has increased market share both POP and YOY, out-performing the market.
- Practical Photography (monthly) remains the UK’s biggest selling photography magazine, with 38,000 copies sold – nearly 10,000 more than its nearest rival.
== Ends ==
For more info:
Cat Martin Communications Director, Bauer Media
T: 020 7432 3317/07932 746 363