Bauer Media Releases Audited Circulations for Full Uninterrupted Six Month Period
- Bauer Media continues to be at forefront of the UK’s consumer magazine industry and releases full uninterrupted audited January-June 2020 figures
- TV Listings and Gardening predictable winners
Commenting on the January to June results, Chris Duncan, CEO of UK Publishing, said:
“Bauer Media continues to be at the forefront of the UK consumer magazine industry, publishing audited circulation figures as a matter of record and providing full transparency for our commercial partners. We are reporting ABCs for the full, uninterrupted January to June 2020 period which reflect the unique circumstances in which we have traded.
While our traditional supply-chain experienced massive disruption during lockdown, the demand for our products remained strong and even increased in some markets. We saw home delivered and digital copies grow through our subscriptions channels, and sales in independent shops rise as more of our readers sought out copies closer to home.
I am grateful to all of our teams who managed to produce such high quality magazines during this period, to ensure that we could meet the expectations of our readers and our advertisers. Circulations remain on track for robust recovery in the second half of the year as distribution patterns settle.”
Highlights this period:
TV Choice 1,039,288; Total TV Guide 84,015
- While TV viewing increased considerably during lockdown, Britons turned to the trusted TV listings bible TV Choice for guidance, which continues to sell over one million copies each week.
- Total TV Guide (weekly) records an ABC of 84,015 with subscriptions rising by a huge 21.5% POP; and 27.9% YOY.
Take a Break 383,839; Take a Break Monthly 175,462; that’s life 162,191
- Take a Break (weekly) sells an impressive 383,839 copies on average every week.
- Take a Break Monthly delivers another strong ABC figure of 175,462 recording increases both 0.2% POP and 0.6% YOY respectively
- that’s life! (weekly) has continued to perform well and is selling 162,191 copies a week.
Garden Answers 50,888; Garden News 37,776
- Garden Answers and Garden News both recorded double digit period-on-period increases and YOY growth taking advantage of the good weather and the market-drivers to post significant gains.
- Garden Answers (monthly) continues with phenomenal growth for its 14th consecutive ABC increase to 50,888 average copies circulated, up both (+17.5%) POP and (+7.4%) YOY. The title also achieved strong growth in subscriptions of 11.0% POP and 18.8% YOY.
- Garden News (weekly) has grown its circulation significantly both POP (+12.7%) and YOY (+0.7%) posting a circulation of 37,776.
Women’s Weekly Classics
Bella (weekly) delivers another strong performance in Women’s Weekly Classics market, selling 137,434 copies each week.
Closer 119,931, heat 78,290
- A disrupted supply-chain in early lockdown fuelled significant digital growth, particularly in the Celebrity Sector with heat recording 50.0% POP and 34.0% YOY and Closer2% POP; 16.3% YOY
- Closer (weekly) saw huge subscription growth of 27.4% POP, and 18.7 % YOY and reported a circulation of 119,931.
- heat (weekly) continues to perform strongly in the celebrity market, with a circulation of 78,290. The title benefitted from massive digital growth in this sector.
- Grazia (fortnightly) produced its first ground-breaking issue from home featuring four frontline medics for a special issue offered as a free reward to all NHS staff.
- Grazia also drove innovative routes to market recording exceptional digital growth of 55.2% POP and 47.2% YOY.
- Yours (fortnightly) has an average circulation of 188,660 copies per issue. The title massively increased its digital circulation, as even this mature audience changed its purchasing habit, seeing increases of 28.8% POP and 11.9% YOY.
– ENDS –
For more info:
Susie Asbury, Acting Communications Director, Magazines
M: 07970 402931
Odelia Yu, Senior Commercial Communications Executive
M: 07896 235588