The shortlist for the Music Week Awards 2019 have been announced and Bauer Media has secured nominations in both of the Radio categories.
The awards, held in association with YouTube Music, celebrate every area of the music industry including record labels, publishing, live, PR, retail, radio and marketing. The Bauer Radio teams are in good company, as each category has a very high standard of entries - they are among the best of the best in the music industry.
Danielle Perry (along with Tom Cotton and Tim Vernon) of Absolute Radio's Sunday Night Music Club and Alex Baker's Fresh Blood on Kerrang! Radio have been nominated for Best Radio Show. Others in the category include Dotty from BBC Radio 1Xtra, Lauren Laverne and Steve Lamacq from BBC Radio 6.
Absolute Radio and Planet Rock have also been announced as finalists in the highly coveted Best Radio Station category.
The awards will take place on Thursday 9 May 2019 at Battersea Evolution, London and will be hosted by Jo Whiley.
See the full list of Bauer's nominations below:
- Alex Baker’s Fresh Blood, Kerrang! Radio
- Dance Anthems With MistaJam, BBC Radio 1
- Danielle Perry’s Sunday Night Music Club, Absolute
- DJ Target, BBC Radio 1Xtra
- Future Sounds With Annie Mac, BBC Radio 1
- Introducing In Kent With Abbie McCarthy, BBC Radio Kent
- Lauren Laverne, BBC Radio 6 Music
- Steve Lamacq, BBC Radio 6 Music
- The Breakfast Show With Dotty, BBC Radio 1Xtra
Radio Station - sponsored by PPL
- Absolute Radio
- BBC Radio 1
- BBC Radio 1Xtra
- BBC Radio 2
- BBC Radio 6 Music
- Planet Rock
To see the full list of finalists visit futureevents.uk/musicweekawards2019